Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Global SPC4 Q

• 06-11-2010 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Wondering if any body could shed some light on this problem.

Installed SPC4 with SKY HD Box [ in living room] and SKY + Box [in bedroom]
    , both boxes rf 2 power switched on[ one on uhf 21 , the other on 23].
    Both boxes cabled to draw box at side of house , where SPC4 is installed and linked to Global f140-g 4 way digital amp.

Everything works perfect [ remote controls etc] in all rooms

Problem is picture quality is not great in the rooms. At SKY HD Box signal strength is 69 db and c/n is 54 and at draw box its 64 db and c/n is 52, but when it goes through SPC4 the signal strength is ok but the c/n DROPS to 34 and on the SKY+ BOX C/N drops to 45.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated , faulty SPC4 or voltage drop because of distance of SKY boxes to draw box. any ideas:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

I've used one of these without problems (had 3 Sky boxes connected to it), sounds like you've done everything properly, although I'm pretty sure you only need the RF2 power turned on, on one of the boxes whether this would cause your problems is unlikely though.

Have you tried using different inputs on the SPC4?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭scruffy66

gtg60 wrote: »
    I've used one of these without problems (had 3 Sky boxes connected to it), sounds like you've done everything properly, although I'm pretty sure you only need the RF2 power turned on, on one of the boxes whether this would cause your problems is unlikely though.

Have you tried using different inputs on the SPC4?

Yes have tried different inputs , no joy

I think you need power on on both if your using 4 way digi splitter as no power in draw box, there for no power supply.

The SPC4 does'nt seem to be out long, cant get much info on them .

Maybe the one i used was faulty, might order another one and see if that fixes
    the low c/n and fix reception from SKY boxes.

But if anybody has any ideas in the mean time they would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

scruffy66 wrote: »
    The SPC4 does'nt seem to be out long, cant get much info on them .

Well, I got mine at least 3 years ago!

Sounds faulty but couldn't be 100%, my setup was very different but had 5M lengths to and from boxes/ amp.

gtg60 wrote: »
    Well, I got mine at least 3 years ago!

Sounds faulty but couldn't be 100%, my setup was very different but had 5M lengths to and from boxes/ amp.

Thanks gtg60 ,yeah must be faulty , i've just ordered another one and a global DC injector, ill use an extension lead and plug in a power supply at the box outside and see what that shows up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement