Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Kitchen Dublin 8 Closed?

Options
  • 06-11-2010 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

The great little cafe on James Street, Royal Kitchen seems to have closed!

Was in the area today and it has either been closed or is being completely refurbished.

It was a small little place run by a legend of a woman. It was like having your mum or gran serve you your breakfast. It would be ready in minutes and you hardly had time to take off your jacket and your tea/coffee was already in front of you!

http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/places/the-royal-kitchen-22280

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Philsopher

That place has been closed a while now to be honest, possibly during the summer or even before it. I'd pass by there most days and haven't seen it open in ages. I don't what happened it to be honest, it can't have been due to competition as it's the only place around.

I see that the pub a few doors down has shut its doors as well. That would have been the only other place nearby, as far as I know, and I'm glad that place is gone. Went in there one Saturday afternoon around 1 or 2 having seen the massive "food served all day" sign hanging on the front of the premises. There was only a few people in there, all watching a soccer match. I asked the barman if they had a menu and was told that they didn't serve food!! I referred to the sign outside and he said that he'd ring the chef. Few minutes later, chef arrives up from the kitchen and asks me "so what sort of food are you looking for?" to which I replied I didn't mind, what had they got. He shook his head and "ah, I dunno now. I could do you a fry or something for a tenner but it'd be pretty basic, I think I'm short a few things". Needless to say, I walked. Went down to The Royal Kitchen and got a grand feed in no time. The woman who was working there was indeed a lovely woman. I hope it opens again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Haven't been in there for about 2 years or so since I moved from the area but it was a great little spot alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Philsopher wrote: »
    That place has been closed a while now to be honest, possibly during the summer or even before it. I'd pass by there most days and haven't seen it open in ages. I don't what happened it to be honest, it can't have been due to competition as it's the only place around.

It was open up until September this year at least cus that's when I moved from the area.
    She had very strict hours 8ish to about 2:30-3:30 depending on business, so it is possible you missed it everytime! Took me ages to catch it open.

And the other pub...ha, sounds like it was like I heard!
    Just a bad bad place.
    I wasrned not to go in there.
    Their meals were unintentionally classic on their chalk board.

Roast Bee
    Chicken Beast
    Pork Lion

Advertisement