Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kenny Cunningham as a pundit

• 06-11-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭

is absolutely fantastic in my opinion, picks out superb things explaining where fellas have gone wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

I think he sits on the fence too much.

A few years ago some team in the premiership let a two goal lead skip and Darragh Moloney asked him " So Kenny, did team A up their game or did team B take their foot off the pedal?"

Kenny's reply?

"Eh.....a bit of both"

But he is way ahead of Trevor Stephen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

doc_17 wrote: »
    I think he sits on the fence too much.

A few years ago some team in the premiership let a two goal lead skip and Darragh Moloney asked him " So Kenny, did team A up their game or did team B take their foot off the pedal?"

Kenny's reply?

"Eh.....a bit of both"

But he is way ahead of Trevor Stephen.

well, his reply could have been perfectly accurate. a lot of the time teams do take their foot off the pedal, but the other still have to up their own game to take advantage.

A lot of the time it simply isn't an either/or situation

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

I prefer Richie Sadlier, he's a good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

At least he attempts to give a bit of insight/analysis rather than turning every question into an excuse to berate Nani/Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I can't take him serious when his eyebrows are copying the kids off the cadbury's ad:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

He's come along an awful lot in the last few seasons. He's started to realise he can be straight up with his opinions. Apart from Giles he's the best analyst of how the play is going IMO. He's able to pick apart a goal and show how it went right/wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Said the exact same after seeing him last week. Best highlight analysis from a pundit I've seen in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Give me Sadlier and Kenny over Giles and Dunphy any day tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

flahavaj wrote: »
    Give me Sadlier and Kenny over Giles and Dunphy any day tbh.

For analysis, yes. Entertainment, no.

I think Sadlier and Cunningham are a great pairing. Really interesting to listen to and i have a lot respect for their opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

christ no, i think he is absolutely shocking. boring, lacking charisma and totally out of his dept.

himself and ronnie whelan are a shambles, all you need is packie bonner presenting it and youve got the worst line up on tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

christ no, i think he is absolutely shocking. boring, lacking charisma and totally out of his dept.

himself and ronnie whelan are a shambles, all you need is packie bonner presenting it and youve got the worst line up on tv.

You're comparing Cunningham to Ronnie Whelan?

Jesus man, on the lash yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

What he lacks in personality is made up for in spades by the eyebrows! How are people saying Giles is the best? He's awful. Just constantly relies on the old reliables like taking each game on its merits and the only league he knows anything about is the PL. But he does add to the comic value of "the three." I think Sadlier is the best tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

He's not the most entertaining by a long shot but in terms of tactical analysis/insights he's been terrific this season. Refreshing to actually learn something about the game.

Have you watched his analysis lately? He's really taken up a notch, we're not talking about the random World Cup games he used cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    What he lacks in personality is made up for in spades by the eyebrows! How are people saying Giles is the best? He's awful. Just constantly relies on the old reliables like taking each game on its merits and the only league he knows anything about is the PL. But he does add to the comic value of "the three." I think Sadlier is the best tbh.

Giles' actual analysis on the game is spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Richard Sadlier is a brilliant pundit in my opinion, one of the best out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I went to school with Kenny. He was a nice bloke even back then & now I have a lot of respect for him as a pundit.

Though, I still haven't forgiven him for putting 2 goals past me in a Home Farm cup final match. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I like him, seems fairly knowledgable. I'd take him over Dunphy and his nonsense any day.
    Those eyebrows are all over the shop though, mind of their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

I can't take him serious when his eyebrows are copying the kids off the cadbury's ad:(

Is he still pretending he isn't bald?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

LOL, I was actually contemplating starting a thread on his eyebrows!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

killwill wrote: »
    LOL, I was actually contemplating starting a thread on his eyebrows!!!

We have a Kenny Cunningham drinking game, every time he raises his eyebrows you add a second to the drinking time when he finishes...ya could get through a six pack of cans in no time:D:D

Also anyone think he has a very maniac stare at whoever is presenting the show when he is providing analysis?

Stare isn't as bad in this one but he is giving the eyebrows a good going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I have never noticed the eyebrow thing before,now everytime I watch him I wont be listening, just following the brow movement!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

He may have improved since i left Ireland and RTE's coverage but just reading the title i can see his eye brows furiously moving up and down and cant take him seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Great pundit.

But as previously mentioned - shave the head, man!

He looks like his from one of those 'hair in a spray can' ads from the shopping channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

He's not the worst, thought it was funny last night wehn he said, and i quote, "he sent the defender for a bag of sugar". Where did he get that from?

I remember a couple of seasons ago Craig Burley said "he sent the full back for a bag of chips" and i thought that was the best line ever, Kenny's was a good effort though. Also thought his Radhi Jaidi one was a classic, "Radhi Jaidi, look at him here, dancin', ya can't do that". Something about his accent i love.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

He's a decent analyst of the game, but christ I cant stand listening to that voice of he's. Its like a robot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Kenny shave your head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Ah good aul Kenny "Scriptsheet" Cunningham.

I used to think he was just reading off notes that he was glancing down at. Some of his answers just seem so scripted and rhymed off. If ya just changed his notes with the weather or something it might be like this

Darragh: "So Kenny, what did you think of Liverpool's performance in the second half?"

Kenny: "North easterly winds coming across the country"

Havnt watched him a while so I presume he's improved it. Decent enough and will be on the panel for a long time to come I'd say.

Advertisement