Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning a return excluded product to Argos

Options
  • 06-11-2010 9:36pm

I bought a 4gb Sandisk MicroSD in Argos last Wednesday. I basically don't need it after all. It's still in it's packaging and is unopened and unused. There can be no doubt that it's unused because it's still in that blister packet stuff. The problem is I don't have a receipt and it's also excluded from Argos' 30 day money back guarantee. Is there any chance of a refund?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If its excluded from their policy they dont have to take it back under any law just because you changed your mind.

The very fact you have no receipt means you could have bought it anywhere, you could ask nicely but thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

no chance i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No retailer is going to give a refund for something without a receipt....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Not a hope. Especially with memory cards as the risk of a customer returning an identical fake unit are high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭BillShorey

Not going to happen. Put it on donedeal as a bargain and accept the loss would be my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Without a receipt, the very best you could ask for is a gift card credited to the lowest price that memory stick has ever been sold at. That'd still be fairly unlikely though.

Advertisement