Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from rugby

Options
  • 06-11-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Originally Posted by dentaku
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trojan
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dentaku
    was it the south africans are all racist comment?
    It was a combination of at least 3 posts you made. I'm not interesting in entering debate, watching game. Feel free to appeal to the admin (I'm acting as a mod only with regard Rugby forum today).

Cheers,
    Al.
    how do i contact admin?
    I am upholding my ban on 2 basis:

1) Rugby forum is in "zero tolerance" mode (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056081937 )
    2) You posted at the very least 3 trolling posts including anti-Leinster and racism generalisations about SA comments. These are not welcome.

If you disagree with my ruling you can appeal here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

I will not be involved in the dispute.

Cheers,
    Al.

in no particular order...

1) i am an avid leinster fan and i don't understand how i could have made anti-leinster comments. i said robert kearney wasn't very good at rugby, that was an exaggeration of the truth (i believe he is vastly overrated) and a joke, nothing more, just innocent banter.

2) one of the 3 comments referred to was a suggestion that people should read neil francis instead of gerry thornley. is that trolling?

3) my comment about all south africans being racist was a joke. most of the people i talk to would understand that. certainly it could be construed as offensive and i have no qualms with a ban for it. tbh i'm surprised it was allowed to be printed.

i am appealing the length of the ban as i feel it is an overreaction and my first and second points are valid.

cheers babes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

The match thread seems ruined by one liner off hand pub style comments. Yours were up there.

I'm going to ask Trojan to clarify one matter for me and I'll revert to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I'm reducing the length of the ban back to 1 month. Even without being explicitly warned individually you should have paid heed to the general forum warning and not posted such inane comments which all merited action. Given you have form for coming to the attention of moderators you should have known beter

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭dentaku

cheers, see you in a month!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement