Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Ops hacked already

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Well known already.They wont be able to patch jtags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

Well known already.They wont be able to patch jtags

Well known as in it was released 9 hours ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The game's been leaked for two days at this stage, those in the know would have known about it within a few hours :)

And yeah, it can't be stopped on the JTAGs, not really. The only thing I hope Microsoft do is hunt down the JTAGers on XBL raping code to get 10th prestige and other nefarious modders wrecking it for the legit XBL users.

The game's been leaked for two days at this stage, those in the know would have known about it within a few hours :)

And yeah, it can't be stopped on the JTAGs, not really. The only thing I hope Microsoft do is hunt down the JTAGers on XBL raping code to get 10th prestige and other nefarious modders wrecking it for the legit XBL users.

Sorry to reiterate, the hack was released 9 hours ago. The game has been floating around since the 1st of this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Sorry to reiterate, the hack was released 9 hours ago. The game has been floating around since the 1st of this month.

earlier than that even

• Advertisement

There's a story on maxconsole stating it had been hacked yesterday, 9:30am. So while the hack might have been released for public consumption 9 hours ago, it is yesterday's news.Besides, the beta was hacked so there was no reason to expect otherwise. But let's not get pedantic about when the thing was hacked, it doesn't matter :)

My initial point stands - It's sad the CoD kiddies are ruining JTAG productivity - even the freeBOOT team have had enough, as did the XBReboot team :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

There's a story on maxconsole stating it had been hacked yesterday, 9:30am. So while the hack might have been released for public consumption 9 hours ago, it is yesterday's news.Besides, the beta was hacked so there was no reason to expect otherwise. But let's not get pedantic about when the thing was hacked, it doesn't matter :)

My initial point stands - It's sad the CoD kiddies are ruining JTAG productivity - even the freeBOOT team have had enough, as did the XBReboot team :(

Would you not say that JTAGers and CoD kiddies ruining it for legit CoD folks?

JTAG productivity - this is homebrew/emulators right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

KeRbDoG wrote: »

Well I've a jtag, & I certainly don't ruin anything for anyone. It's not the product you have, it's what you do with it which determines right from wrong.

TV please don't say freeBOOT is now abandoned too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

who cares about the hacking - the soundtrack do that video had some killer tunes.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Well I've a jtag, & I certainly don't ruin anything for anyone. It's not the product you have, it's what you do with it which determines right from wrong.

While you might have a JTAG Xbox and as yea say don't ruin anything for anyone - what about everyone else? In my mind, if yea use a JTAG system for anything other than true homebrew and old system emulators, yea have a little bit-o-responsibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,342 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

All this will just speed up the banning of all JTAG consoles.

All this will just speed up the banning of all JTAG consoles.

Well the official line is that it's not going public. We will just have to wait and see if Cheater et al want to make a few quid from, and start to sell it like the MW2 days.

TV please don't say freeBOOT is now abandoned too?

freeBOOT is apparently abandoned. The devs got fed up with what it was being used for (COD hacking). That's if Jester is to be believed but he is close to the freeBOOT team and there's been no word on the Kinect dash getting Freeboot treatment.

That said, there could be a new team in the middle of patching the Kinect dash as we speak, we just don't know.

JTAG productivity - this is homebrew/emulators right?

I've got a JTAG but I've never played a single COD game on it, nor have I dared to bring it online. For me it is either a virgin console on live (not even a DVD firmware modification) or modify the console and stay off live.

The thing is, there are plenty of folks out there who just want it for COD MW2 modding. I can count on one hand the number of JTAGs I've done where the customer didn't mention anything about MW2 hacked lobbies.

By JTAG productivity I mean everything ranging from piracy-related applications (can't condone them obviously, but they are something), development kits/drivers, linux variants, homebrew apps, homebrew games, emulators and even patched dashboards - the very core of the JTAG that lets users run unsigned apps. There is no movement, no drive, no motivation and barely any news. I know the reason the two rebooter teams (Freeboot and XBR) left was the MW2 hacking, or so we're being told.

The only thing people seem to care about with regards to the xbox is "when is the new firmware coming out so I can play fable 3" and MW2 hacking and it's really disappointing to me anyways

freeBOOT is apparently abandoned. The devs got fed up with what it was being used for (COD hacking). That's if Jester is to be believed but he is close to the freeBOOT team and there's been no word on the Kinect dash getting Freeboot treatment.

That said, there could be a new team in the middle of patching the Kinect dash as we speak, we just don't know.

Conversation between Cheater, ikari, and Jester(rkhunter)

My soul is almost destroyed from that thread. What a bunch of morons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,342 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://vimeo.com/16581620

15th prestige lobby found already.

It's going to be worse than MW2.

While you might have a JTAG Xbox and as yea say don't ruin anything for anyone - what about everyone else? In my mind, if yea use a JTAG system for anything other than true homebrew and old system emulators, yea have a little bit-o-responsibility.

What am I responsible for exactly? I've no problem admitting I've no idea what a hacked CoD lobby even is firstly, so whatever it is I'm responsible for then am I responsible for same in Nintendo circles as my Wii is modded? My PS2 is modded, my PS3 is exploitable, my Saturns are all modded, my PS1 is modded, my SNES & Megadrives are modded too...so enlighten me as to what it is I'm doing...

Edit - I'm not on your case here, incase you feel the tone is a bit smart lol. I simply feel that having a jtag doesn't mean squat. I don't even like multi-player games, & it never sees the past my gateway. If your hinting at piracy, my point is the same. Just because someone owns a knife, doesn't mean they're gonna stab another person. It's down to individual ethics at this point, and thats beyond the scope of this thread.

Just to reiterate what I typed - if yea use a JTAG system for anything other than true homebrew and old system emulators, yea have a little bit-o-responsibility.

Just to reiterate what I typed - if yea use a JTAG system for anything other than true homebrew and old system emulators, yea have a little bit-o-responsibility.

I use it to store my own games on an internal 1TB hardrive though, so thats not homebrew/emulation. Am I still causing the downfall of the gaming industry?

• Advertisement

I use it to store my own games on an internal 1TB hardrive though, so thats not homebrew/emulation. Am I still causing the downfall of the gaming industry?

I would throw a guess out there that the majority of people using that software to do that (of course, no one on this forum) would be using it store pirated games.
    Whatever way yea look at it, you end up being another person using that software so adding to the demand for it to be further developed and finding new ways around newer software protection schemes that MS and game devs make.

Right :) I'm getting off my high horse as it might kill me if I fell off - can't wait to get my hands on Black Ops Tuesday!

I would throw a guess out there that the majority of people using that software to do that (of course, no one on this forum) would be using it store pirated games.
    Whatever way yea look at it, you end up being another person using that software so adding to the demand for it to be further developed and finding new ways around newer software protection schemes that MS and game devs make.

Right :) I'm getting off my high horse as it might kill me if I fell off - can't wait to get my hands on Black Ops Tuesday!

I see your point, & agree with it for the most part...I guess what I'm saying is I don't see a jtagged 360 in a different light to a modded Wii, PS3 or any other console mod. They ALL enable naughtyness in my eyes, it's how you use the possibilities that determine the rights & wrongs...to me anyway.

Ok I'm off to watch a movie from my HTPC...and don't suggest I'm killing the movie industry too :D I've six boxes of dvd's in the attic to prove I'm not :pac:

My soul is almost destroyed from that thread. What a bunch of morons

Pathetic isn't it. When you read some of that you can't blame devs leaving the scene. The same crap kicked off with the PS3 there a while ago, utter morons. There should be an IQ test you need to pass before you get near a forum.

It's really bad - not releasing a public freeboot because they want to make money is stupid, and completely against the principles of the scene. It does nothing but damage it even further. And nobody in that thread cares about anything but 10th prestige/15th prestige modded lobbies *sigh* :(

To be honest though, the freeBOOT or XBR teams should just patch the xam.xex file to disable Xbox Live! and there'd be no trouble :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I understand the basics of how this hacked CoD lobby ****e works, jtagged xbox goes online with hacked lobby to give 10th prestige to yank kiddies or whatever other muppets care about that sort of thing. Jtagged Xbox then gets banned from XBL, hacked lobby provider having presumably pocketed a few quid for invites. What I dont get is why MS can't see who's been in said lobby and penalise them too, and by extension kill all this hacked lobby **** dead in the process?

Pathetic isn't it. When you read some of that you can't blame devs leaving the scene. The same crap kicked off with the PS3 there a while ago, utter morons. There should be an IQ test you need to pass before you get near a forum.

Amen to that. 200,000 members is a wh*re to moderate.

Inquitus wrote: »
    I understand the basics of how this hacked CoD lobby ****e works, jtagged xbox goes online with hacked lobby to give 10th prestige to yank kiddies or whatever other muppets care about that sort of thing. Jtagged Xbox then gets banned from XBL, hacked lobby provider having presumably pocketed a few quid for invites. What I dont get is why MS can't see who's been in said lobby and penalise them too, and by extension kill all this hacked lobby **** dead in the process?

They can and have. They were relatively light handed when banning in MW2, most people were reset and slapped with a short suspension. Other got suspended until 12/12/9999. While the unfortunate got console banned. Treyarch have about 20 accounts over at the site, and it's great fun trolling them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Sorry to hijack the thread a wee bit but what's the difference between a jtagged 360 and one with custom dvd firmware? Sorry but I've been out of the gaming scene for a good few years. :o

carbsy wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the thread a wee bit but what's the difference between a jtagged 360 and one with custom dvd firmware? Sorry but I've been out of the gaming scene for a good few years. :o

A jtagged 360 will usually have a custom operating system such as XBRebooted or freeBOOT, flashed onto it. Such software will normally have digital signature checks removed, region protection removed etc. This means is can run software which has not been digitally signed by MS, ie homebrew applications & software tools. You can also use any harddrive you want, run with no dvd drive, ftp capabilities etc.

A flashed drive will just authenticate a non-authentic disc, meaning the 360's host software believes it's real, unlike a jtagged, which simply doesn't care :) A flashed drive will not allow the use of homebrew software, or any of the other jtag goodness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

A jtagged 360 will usually have a custom operating system such as XBRebooted or freeBOOT, flashed onto it. Such software will normally have digital signature checks removed, region protection removed etc. This means is can run software which has not been digitally signed by MS, ie homebrew applications & software tools. You can also use any harddrive you want, run with no dvd drive, ftp capabilities etc.

A flashed drive will just authenticate a non-authentic disc, meaning the 360's host software believes it's real, unlike a jtagged, which simply doesn't care :) A flashed drive will not allow the use of homebrew software, or any of the other jtag goodness.

Ah! Thanks :) So we could see XBMC on the 360 then, like my old original XBOX?

• Advertisement

A flashed drive will just authenticate a non-authentic disc, meaning the 360's host software believes it's real, unlike a jtagged, which simply doesn't care :)

Not quite, if you want to play a non-authentic disc you will need the DVD drive to have cracked firmware. Auth checks are done on the DVD side, not the OS :)

@carsby: We could, but we won't. The xbox was cheaper than a HTPC at the time and more powerful. This isn't so nowadays so the motivation to develop XBMC for the 360 would be misplaced, even if not unwelcome. Don't hold your breath for XBMC 360

Advertisement