Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Query: MPG of a BMW 330d

• 06-11-2010 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Does anyone know the miles per gallon for a BMW 330d (2004 model)? Considering buying one. Majority of my journeys will be motorway driving, approx 50 miles each way daily. cheers, Patrick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

42MPG is the official figure for a manual saloon. You can lookup the figures for pretty much any model on Parker's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 paddyjoesoap

Thanks leeroybrown, Is that the combined Urban and Extra-Urban figure? I was hoping she'd do 50 mpg, but she looks a little thirsty. Comments? Thanks for the link. I was using the following link but it didn't have the 330d listed. http://www.whatmpg.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

my old 2003 Bmw 330d (same car) gave me 44.5mpg always and would genuinely go over 50mpg on a run was better than my GF's E90 320d

? I was hoping she'd do 50 mpg, but she looks a little thirsty. http://www.whatmpg.co.uk/

:eek:TBH lad i think your expecting a miracle for a car to give you that power and economy a new light(ford mazda) 1.8 diesel car would only just average 50 how do you expect a older engined heavy german 3 litre to do it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Bulmers

my 06 320d has average of 6.8l/100km on the display, so that's about 41mpg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭shogunpower

04 530d will do 47.7mpg average
    And 55 or so driving economically.better than the 520d because you have to pit the foot down more to get the same acceleration and speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

42MPG is the official figure for a manual saloon. You can lookup the figures for pretty much any model on Parker's.
    All these websites give you an "official" manufacturer's mpg figures. There is a website which you should visit:
    http://www.spritmonitor.de/
    This database is based on real life fuel economy, as all the figures are measured by car users, not manufacturers. The best figures for 330D manual are in the region of 45 mpg, the best for an automatics are c.a. 38 mpg. I expected a bit better to be honest.
    For a comparison, my 20-year old Baby-Benz does 56.5 at best... (my own does in total average 49.92 mpg at the moment) ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Squall19

Its not that good on fuel and what do you expect with well over 200bhp.I drove the beans out of a mates one at work and it was heavy like a turbo petrol when you really floor it.From my experience, motorway stuff expect 40mpg or so and mixed in the 30's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...... I was hoping she'd do 50 mpg, but she looks a little thirsty. Comments?[/url]

LOL, not a hope. For 50mpg, what you need........is a Skoda (wait's for barrage of omg not-another-skoda recommendation replies...... :)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

like i said i had one 45mpg average with a manual car prob 38-40 with an auto , never had it go below 40 on me ever:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My E46 Auto 320d (facelift 150bhp) is averaging 39.9 MPG since i bought it.
    thats 99% commute driving, Finglas-City Centre.

id expect the 330d to do about 33-35 in my case.

obviously if your mostly motorway, the MPG will increase alot, i averaged 50MPG on a recent trip to Newry and back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

You really need to get upto 2007+ BMW diesels to see the combination of power and economy you are looking for. That said, a possible 40mpg is still quite good, the saving from a 40mpg to 50mpg car is quite minimal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dannywooly

Having owned a 330d for the past 18 months I'll give you some realistic numbers:

Around town - 35 - 42 depending on how heavy your foot is

Out on a run - 45 - 50 again depending on how heavy your foot is

I did a trip recently from Lowestoft to Oldham, i drove carefully as it was business miles, I filled the tank before I left managed to get there and back and also some around town driving afterwards and got 615 miles out of £56 diesel.

But to be honest if your buying the 330d your buying it because you know it's bladdy quick which means your probably gonna drive it that way. The thing I like best is if your hammer it you can still get decent return on MPG but if you want to drive like a grandad then you get really good MPG.

I have put a tuning box in mine so it is ultra quick and does a little more MPG than it used to!

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭trabpc

My Now sold :( 02 530d Manual averaged 45MPG. Motorway mostly.

A heavier car than the 330d

If driven hard I got 40 MPG.

Advertisement