Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the various charity shops in town?

Options
  • 06-11-2010 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

I know of the SVP and GSPCA, what are the others and where can I find them?

And are there any that collect things if there's lots to go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Enable Ireland on High St, Simon (I believe) on Sea Road, furniture shop (also of Simon) on Rahoon Rd, there's a 2nd hand shop opp Blue Note, used to be charity, but now privately run I believe. I spotted a 2nd hand shop in Liosbán, not far from Kenny's Books. One near Cooks corner somewhere too. Sorry, cr*p with names. The ladies in the Simon on Sea Road are great craic! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

I know Galway Hospice used to have a shop downstairs in the Eyre Square shopping centre for the month leading up to Christmas but don't know if that will be there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Not town, but I noticed there is a new charity shop open in Doughiska, up near Lidl (used to be a fruit and veg shop) - might be handy if your on the East side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

lampsie wrote: »
    Not town, but I noticed there is a new charity shop open in Doughiska, up near Lidl (used to be a fruit and veg shop) - might be handy if your on the East side.

oh dude did doughiska fruit & veg close? damn. (maybe that's why they closed... 'cause I didn't go enough to notice.)

That would be really handy for me. I'll check out what charity it is though.

Advertisement