Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

should i write to santy

• 06-11-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭

i have upc for the o/h and the rugrats, i have a fixed 90cm dish with 4 lmbs, bringing in astra 16, astra 28, 7degrees east plus hotbird, i am not very tech minded, what should i write to santy for, if anything, nb i am not really interested in soccer.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, that was vague!

Ask for a Vu+ Duo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you are not interested in Sport why not cancel UPC TV and have BB only and get a Humax Foxsat HD PVR or two.

Or the Panasonic HD Satellite PVR with BD (blu Ray /DVD player) recording of HDD programs to BDR disk?

Or a Full HD (or WUGXA) Projector with Zoom less to do 36" for 4:3 content and up to 72" for Cinematic Widescreen BD & HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭flutered

sorry folks but them meds do work at times, i should have said i have a fergeson fx 6600 it has 2 card readers, i am used to simple things, so hd is not a priority, also i will not suscribe to $ky, i have a uhf ariel for rte, i hope this clears things up, thanks for your patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Apogee

I would suggest a 1.2M dish which will allow you to receive Badr4 26E. It has a number of Arabic stations which show lots of films and series FTA in English e.g. MBC4, Dubai One, MBC Action, MBC Max etc...

http://www.mbc.net/english/
    http://www.dmi.ae/dubaione/

thanks apogee, now were getting there, i assume i need a sub ?, as i said i am not worried about soccer, hd or recording,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Apogee

flutered wrote: »
    thanks apogee, now were getting there, i assume i need a sub ?, as i said i am not worried about soccer, hd or recording,

FTA = free-to-air

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

i am not really interested in soccer.

Tell us what you are interested in.
    Its a big sky up there.

Pal wrote: »
    Tell us what you are interested in.
    Its a big sky up there.

rugby, basketball, discovery chanels, home purchase and repair, plus most definatly gardening,

i found dubai one with my 90cm dish many thanks op.:D

as already stated i would not mind paying a reasonable sub, but NOT to $ky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

rugby, basketball, discovery chanels, home purchase and repair, plus most definatly gardening,

i found dubai one with my 90cm dish many thanks op.:D

as already stated i would not mind paying a reasonable sub, but NOT to $ky

I'm stumped.

anybody know of a gardening channel ?

there used to be one, it was called uktv gardening, $ky had it, 12 hours of gardening 24/7, even tishmarsh would not watch that much gardening tv.

• Advertisement
Advertisement