Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3 lite help please.

Options
  • 06-11-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

I posted a thread here a few weeks ago about where to get a new stock for a Tikka T3 lite .223.
    Someone pointed me towards roedale precision who do a copy of the AICS from accuracy international. The problem is their version has changed as shown in the link
    http://www.webshop.roedale.de/product_info.php?info=p438_RCS-II-Stock--Complete--Lefthanded.html

I contacted roedale and they said that the original RCS1 is no longer available (it was identical to the accuracy international stock) and only the new RCS2 is available for Tikka T3's. He also told me that if I bought the RSC2 and if I could get my hands on AICS side panels they are completely compatible and just screw on. So my question is (after searching the whole interweb) WHERE can AICS side panels be got??? :confused:

Failing that, does anyone know is it possible for a gunsmith to alter an AICS for a rem 700 to suit a Tikka T3? (cause the AICS is available straight from Accuracy international to suit a R700), that would probably be handier.

Thanks lads.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Cannot see why not.

Some inletting (if necessary) and a glass/pillar bed job should sort you out and for any gunsmith thats bread and butter work.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

just out of interest would the rcs II stock be restricted here due to the pistol gripas it looks like a nice stock

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

ormondprop wrote: »
    just out of interest would the rcs II stock be restricted here due to the pistol gripas it looks like a nice stock

No, pistol grips are only a concern on shotguns, not rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Why would one want to put a AICS style stock on a T3 lite?
    Will it be used for target?
    Sometimes better or more accurate to have a heavy barrel and a light
    stock than the other way round.
    Not sure if one can easily change a remmy inleted aluminium stock to
    tikka t3 without having to weld. Either way it is awkward.

edi

Advertisement