Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC coming to my estate!

• 06-11-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

How do I know? Well, apart from their contractors poking around in manholes beside a sign saying "Fibre Power coming to your area soon!", I got a call from my current ISP, Vodafone, offering me €5/month discount, subject to a new 12 month contract (I'm well out of contract at the mo) and then shortly after that another call from an Eircom winback dude. I've had Eircom and UTVi at the door as well in the last month or so.

Anyone care to estimate the time between the contractors being spotted and the service becoming available? Estimates based on actual experience would be preferable. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

tomk wrote: »
    How do I know? Well, apart from their contractors poking around in manholes beside a sign saying "Fibre Power coming to your area soon!", I got a call from my current ISP, Vodafone, offering me €5/month discount, subject to a new 12 month contract (I'm well out of contract at the mo) and then shortly after that another call from an Eircom winback dude. I've had Eircom and UTVi at the door as well in the last month or so.

Anyone care to estimate the time between the contractors being spotted and the service becoming available? Estimates based on actual experience would be preferable. :)
    Well im in Ratoath upc coming here to they said to me 6 week to 3 months they were digging up the roads were i live so hopefully soon.
    :).were you live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

hehe.. yeah should have said I'm in Bray.

hehe.. yeah should have said I'm in Bray.
    What package you going for ?.Im think 15mb package myself and losing my 3mb Eircom broadband .
    :)

Whatever's the max they can give me - I'm so sick and tired of ****ty DSL.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Whatever's the max they can give me - I'm so sick and tired of ****ty DSL.

You really won't know yourself. You'll wonder why anyone who can get UPC stays with eircom.
    Plus your bills will be lower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cbr954

whereabouts in Bray are you? I'm on the herbert road and can't wait to dump Eircom!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Bray won't go live this year and will possibly go live en bloc or as 2 blocks sometime in 2011 .

I would take a discounted 6 month contract from Voda or Eircom but only if offered same in writing :)

cbr954 - Woodbrook Glen.

Sponge Bob - gee thanks. :P and I thought Santa was coming early....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

cbr954 - Woodbrook Glen.

Sponge Bob - gee thanks. :P and I thought Santa was coming early....

Is UPC anything to do with the Boghall Road being closed for the last 2 weeks?

SpongeBob - Do you know UPC's plans for Bray by any chance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

azzeretti wrote: »
    Is UPC anything to do with the Boghall Road being closed for the last 2 weeks?

SpongeBob - Do you know UPC's plans for Bray by any chance?

No.

Bray is actually zoned into 6 areas not one or two, they could do them one by one like they did Wyattvile and Shankill this and last year or they could do them in larger chunks.

See this map, blue is the 2010 schedule and white is 'to be done' in future. UPC will not complete the Dublin/Bray area until 2014 at the rate they are going. Look at all the white spaces.

UPC2010map_dublin.png

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    No.

Bray is actually zoned into 6 areas not one or two, they could do them one by one like they did Wyattvile and Shankill this and last year or they could do them in larger chunks.

See this map, blue is the 2010 schedule and white is 'to be done' in future. UPC will not complete the Dublin/Bray area until 2014 at the rate they are going. Look at all the white spaces.

UPC2010map_dublin.png
    hey sponge bob do you know co meath roll out because UPC only show Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

i wonder if there is any possibility of UPC coming to Drogheda?
    i called them a couple of weeks ago, and the rep on the phone said mid 2011.

i seriously doubt that....

does anyone actually know if thats true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I had it in the palms of my hands and it was snatched away from me :(

I live in Mulhuddart and last month UPC proceeded to dig up my front garden to relay the lines. So they finished the 3rd week in October, I rang them the 30th October, and wahey 15mb broadband available in your area. Engineer comes out to hook us up and turns out KN Networks have not connected the wires properly and there is no broadband. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭wush06

Same here I'm in clondalkin and so far they have the new cable on the front of the house.
    Not sure how much longer but it can't be that much as they have been at it a couple of weeks. Can't wait to get rid of vodafone and co. Think I said elsewhere just have to get the house alarm sorted as it needs a phone line to sent texts to my mobile phone.

I had it in the palms of my hands and it was snatched away from me :(

I live in Mulhuddart and last month UPC proceeded to dig up my front garden to relay the lines. So they finished the 3rd week in October, I rang them the 30th October, and wahey 15mb broadband available in your area. Engineer comes out to hook us up and turns out KN Networks have not connected the wires properly and there is no broadband. :(
    so what that mean you won't be able to get broadband of them at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

rob808 wrote: »
    so what that mean you won't be able to get broadband of them at all.

Not until KN come out and fix their mistake.

Advertisement