Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywood Akira is an abomination

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Not like anyone in Evangelion even LOOKS remotely Asian, anyway.
    Hotaru wrote: »
    Not like anyone in ANY anime looks Asian really :p

Apparently they do to the Japanese, the styles that make the characters look Caucasian to us are not seen that way by the Japanese and while the characters are mostly white, Japan having a climate more resembling Europe makes them rather paler than the rest of Asia to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My point is its all down to perception on what race the anime characters look like and its down to how that individual person sees that anime character. Many Westerners see that anime characters as Westerners because its the default person, in Asia and Japan they see them looking like Asians because its the default person there. Imo I see anime characters looking both Asian and Western as we kinda share facial features and like what Varik said parts of Japan resembles a climate close to Europe so there are some japanese people who are really white, also most of the time anime characters have pink skin or darker. God I really am reading too deeply into cartoons... Just the topic on perception interests me alot that's all.:)

I had a debate about this while ago on the eitaku forum which was interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I knew people would make a serious point about Hotaru's comment.

Advertisement