Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Japanese Required Kanji

• 07-11-2010 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had a complete list of the required Kanji for leaving cert and what they mean in english. I know there are about 110 on the syllabus if that helps.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

I don't have a list, but it's all the ones covered in the leaving cert Japanese book nihongo kantan. Also they're listed on the syllabus which you can get if you google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Roloz

Aw, Cheers I didn't even know there was an Irish textbook for Japanese, my school doesnt teach it and only 1 school in the county does so I've just been learning online and using iphone apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

Yeah u should probably buy the textbook, then you'll know what you have to know and can control your learning better. I started off teaching myself but eventually got a teacher. I don't go to her that often because I've gone way past the book but I would advise you try an organise a teacher one and a while at least, even it you have to travel a bit. Try email the Japanese language teachers association, jlti ( google it), and they'll be able to help you fin a teacher. Plus download the app Kotoba, it's an absolutely amazing dictionary and free! Helped me like ridiculously when I was in japan plus it has kanji search things and examples and stuff it's awesome. And btw what county are you in there?

Yeah, I was thinking of getting a teacher after I learned Hiragana and Katakana, I bought a book called Kane de Manga and thats helping alot. Nihongo Kantan is pretty expensive isn't it? I am in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

why are you learning Japanese, when china is the future?

• Advertisement

@Digme I don't plan on visiting communist China and because I want to know Japanese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Typing them up now, have them in a minute or two :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

You need to know the readings as well, but page 36 of this (second result, I right clicked saved, my browser won't open it :P)
    http://www.google.ie/#hl=en&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=643&q=leaving+cert+kanji&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=51447940e4d19eaf
    has all the kanji. The meanings are

People,family,regions
    person, man, woman, child, father, mother, I, name, England, east, west, south, north, foreign, field, mountain, river, forest, (smaller) forest

Making Arrangements
    sun/day, month/moon, fire, water, gold/money, earth, year, hour, minute, thousand, now, every, week, interval, half

Weather
    Wind, rain, heaven/sky,air/spirit

Travel
    exit, enter,entrance, stop, middle, bad, right, left, in front, behind,car, electricity, station

Shopping
    one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nince, ten, hundred, thousand, ten thousand, yen/circle, book, big, small, expensive, cheap/peaceful, middle, espensive, new, buy, thing

feelings
    Like, origin, think

story/talk, say, hear, write, read ,language

Illness
    body, ear, eye, hand, rest

Misc.
    school, high, before, life/birth, go, come, eat,drink,see,exertion, strong, printing press/school, what

I learnt Japanese from about 6th class until 3rd year for a reason I don't really remember. I was almost fluent and then stopped for 2 years, and now I've forgotten most of it. It was a bit of a waste of time tbh :P

Thanks alot, I can't believe someone would actually type them all up.
    You're a lifesaver,
    cheers mate.

Advertisement