Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex Hare Coursing chief found dead!

Options
  • 07-11-2010 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

I learned today that Ex-Irish Coursing Club CEO died yesterday (friday) in Portugal. Swimming mishap it seems. Varied tributes and comments, as you can imagine, but the following one I found intriguing:

<snip>

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Not the time for such comments !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

RIP Jerry Desmond. OP ,no need to point us in the direction of that s**hole called indymuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

As someone who'd consider myself pretty leftwing, I despise that bottom-feeding website. Making misguided attacks against a man who's just died is about their level.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

OP, given the nature of the thread in question, I don't think it's appropriate that you should inlcude such a tasteless link.

By all means you are free to discuss coursing on the forum, but not in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Oh, and a reminder to all users of the forum: if you have a problem with any post for whatever reason, please use the 'report post' function. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭TippFan77

RIP Jerry Desmond. OP ,no need to point us in the direction of that s**hole called indymuck.

I agree that those comments were inapt and heartless. Though I object to many aspects of hare coursing, I consider Jerry Desmond a decent guy and I'm glad he did what he did in the past three years. That's a personal view. We have to respect his family's right to privacy too.

Advertisement