Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so, erm...yeah, let's go with Orange Alert

Options
  • 07-11-2010 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭

http://ciaranhayden.com/media/?p=513

You can get your sand bags at Mill Road.

High tide at 1.04am Monday morning.

Emergency Contact Number: 0404 44710

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

cool. finally Ireland gets a 'code orange' alert thingy.

always the last we are

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Oh! you mean the weather. I thought the wife and her friends were going to start marching through the town to some masonic hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

“Due to media speculation of a hurricane for Sunday night/Monday morning it is felt that it might be reasonable to put the Greystones area on flood alert (Code Orange
    )

Priceless !!

It's the media's fault that the tail end of a hurricane from the gulf of Mexico is heading this way.

On a less cynical note, Congratulations to Councillor Hayden on being pro active,very un-Fianna Fail Like ( there I go being cynical again)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I swore I wouldn't post my opinion of Ciaran Hayden.

This prevents me from contributing to this thread.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

so what happened then,nothing?

• Advertisement

The hurricane that is going on a few thousand miles away is not affecting us.
    Basically something of no concern caused nothing to be concerned about.

But seeing as we are all morons, there was a panic over a lazy friday news story.

The horrible thing is that "media speculation" (at weather events of all things) is now an acceptable basis for civil defence activity.

All aboard the hand basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

d'Oracle wrote: »
    The hurricane that is going on a few thousand miles away is not affecting us.
    Basically something of no concern caused nothing to be concerned about.

But seeing as we are all morons, there was a panic over a lazy friday news story.

The horrible thing is that "media speculation" (at weather events of all things) is now an acceptable basis for civil defence activity.

All aboard the hand basket.

Better safe than sorry imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Better safe than sorry imo.
    Well yes but if media speculation is like this again then it basically won't be trusted in future and we will have a 'boy who cried wolf' scenario

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    Well yes but if media speculation is like this again then it basically won't be trusted in future and we will have a 'boy who cried wolf' scenario

I seriously doubt that Dublin city council and WW County Council acted on media speculation.

All of their info would have come from Met É which infant had us on code orange.

Which would all be grand if Met Eireann had been warning of a storm.
    But they weren't.

I remind you the wording of the blog post by Cllr. Hayden was "due to media speculation".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Met E where warning of a storm all weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

D'oracle plus 1 on that. I have to bite my tongue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

methinks its arrived, not due to blow through till about 6am

Advertisement