Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repair shop for HTC phones?

• 07-11-2010 2:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭

I managed to drop my Hero from the top of a locker onto a tiled floor the other day. I thought I'd gotten away with it but, lo and behold, I plug in my headphones, fire up Newstalk, and the dulcet tones of George Hook start booming around the train through the Hero's loudspeaker. The phone itself no longer recognises when I've got headphones plugged in.

My phone is rooted and bought off eBay anyway so I can't return it to the retailer or manufacturer for repair. Anyone know a place in Dublin (or nearby) that repairs HTC phones?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

FM mobiles, georges street (just beside the arcade) are possibly your best bet. I've had a few out of warranty phones fixed there. Have a quick search for their number and give them a call to see if they can be of help with a hero

Edit: saved you the search, www.fmmobiles.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭TeaServer

You can return it to HTC in Milton Keynes and they will repair it for you for a fee.

See http://service.europe.htc.com/terms&conditions.pdf

HTC wrote:
    2.3 NonWarranty chargeable Repair Service a) Repair of a Device that is In-Warranty but which needs to be repaired including the following or similar reasons shall be classified as a NonWarranty chargeable Repair Service:
    1) Accidental damage. Accidental damage to the Device, such as dropping it on the ground
    or in water. 2) Broken Liquid Crystal Display (hereinafter known as “LCD”). 3) Damaged Sync or Charger Connector. 4) Damage caused by liquid entering the Device, or other misuse due to the failure of the Customer to follow the instructions properly. 5) Failure of the Customer to upgrade the software according to the procedures outlined under the warranty terms card of the Device. 6) Downloading illegal software onto the Device.

Call them and see what they have to say: 01 6968 474

/T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

www.mprc.ie - They fix all the phones for networks in Ireland so I'm sure they could help you out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

i had a similar issue with my desire, not from dropping it or damage but it didnt pick up the headphones when connected, as an output or an antenna for the radio. Turning the phone off and on sorted it though. Happened a couple of times since i got the phone.Might be worth a try if you haven't already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭AirsoftPeak

lol, my friend happend the same problem yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

www.mprc.ie - They fix all the phones for networks in Ireland so I'm sure they could help you out too.

MPRC will fix Vodafones Devices, I dont believe they will touch any other out of warranty units or devices that have not been on the vodafone network.

Had to send HTC HD2 to Milton Keynes. Very quick service. Was repaired under warranty for not booting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

I dropped my HTC One X+ last week and the screen is cracked. The sensor panel is working fine but the LCD screen needs to be replaced.

Any recommendations?

Advertisement