Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New motherboard, tell me it's OK :)

Options
  • 07-11-2010 3:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

My beloved P6X58D-E is causing me a few issues (think I was unlucky with purchase cos it's a great board). Anyways as I try and get a refund from the seller, I am in need of a new board. As much as I'd love another P6X58D-E, I don't want to tempt fate.

I have set my eye on a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R.
    Would you give this your blessing? It will house the following components in a HAF 932 case

- Intel i7-920 stepping D0
    - Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600MHz 3x2GB (7-8-7-20 C7)
    - Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X 1GB Video card
    - Corsair HX750 PSU
    - Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU cooler

I want to game pretty heavily (Sim stuff etc) and will be considering a second video card soon probably. I will be OC'ing etc

What do you reckon? Good board for the money? Dabs have it here for €179. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Mucho danko

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

actually . . .

after a few hours further research, googling, forum scans etc. The Gigabyte board still seems to have one or two issues for a substantial amount of people, even with rev 2.0. So I bit the bullet and went for another P6X58D-E.

Advertisement