Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

learning a houses telephone number

• 07-11-2010 5:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

hi guys recently bought a house that is all rigged out with telephone sockets etc rom previous owners! i want to test the line to see if its suitable for decent broadand. just wondering how i learn what the actual telephone number is? (previous owner is deceased ) is it just a cas of ringing eircom or?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Maybe you could just ask one of the neighbours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Plug a phone in and dial "199000". If its an eircom line it should tell you your phone number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I dont think the OPs is working......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Ring eircom & give them the address & they'll find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

not sure if this is the same now, but it worked when we moved into our house a few years ago, but if it's a "soft-off" disconnection (i.e. still a connected line from the last home owner, but disabled to prevent calls) you should still be able to dial 1901 and they can give you all the info you need. other than that call them from a mobile and give them your address and they can tell you everything you need to know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement