Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NDS and the R4.

Options
  • 07-11-2010 6:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

I wanna buy myself a new Nintendo DS and pick up an R4 card for it.
    The thing is i dunno what DS to buy as there are so many now. DS,DS Lite,DSi, DSXL ect......
    Anyway does it matter what type of NDS you have with respect to the R4 card? Or does the R4 card work with all NDS? Also do you have to worry about firmware as you do with the PSP?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Hey all.

I wanna buy myself a new Nintendo DS and pick up an R4 card for it.
    The thing is i dunno what DS to buy as there are so many now. DS,DS Lite,DSi, DSXL ect......
    Anyway does it matter what type of NDS you have with respect to the R4 card? Or does the R4 card work with all NDS? Also do you have to worry about firmware as you do with the PSP?

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

You need to be wary of what firmware you are on. Some older carts aren't upgradeable to work with newer firmwares.

I had an R4i, but someone stupidly upgraded the DSi, and it could not be made to work with the upgraded firmware. I then had to get an M3i Zero which would work with the new firmware.

Inq

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like im gonna be able to get my hands on a DSi on the cheap so im going for that. Ive done a bit of research and found that there are many different types of card to get. So are there any boardies that can suggest what type of card would be best for a NDSi?
    Thanks

Advertisement