Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BE CAREFUL---IPHONE SCAM DONEGAL AREA

Options
  • 07-11-2010 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Please everyone be very careful. I've been caught lovely by 2 individuals in a black BMW selling iphone 4 on donedeal. Met them in Donegal town. Phone's are advertised as new and when you meet them they perform the age old scam of showing you the proper phone then swapping it over and handing you a copy(which is a good copy, all apple logo's etc). I know i was stupid but I just want to make people aware so no-one else gets caught.
    Anyone else had this experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

the bastards...i think i seen this ad twice on done deal...I played it safe with eBay, well when it gets delivered hopefully it will be legit and working properly!

I nearly contacted them...Was this the 325 euro one?

Is there no way you can get your money back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 derek1974

Apparently not. If you look at the date of my post it was nearly a year ago now. Posted it so someone buying one as a christmas gift might think twice and be a little more careful than I was.
    Took reg of car and past info over to guards. Had to ring them a few months later to find out what was going on. They said there was something more serious involved with the individual along with this but told me they would get my money back as the guy had admitted the scam. Following phonecalls got the response 'we'll call you when its sorted' but to date its not.
    I suppose the only good thing is the amount of phonecalls and texts I received after putting warning adds on donedeal and other sites from people who didn't get caught after they saw my adds but I'm sure these scumbags made a nice wee packet from people who probably couldn't afford to loose their money in the mouth of Christmas buying presents for their kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭PaurGasm

Never looked at the date...Heartless *****, especially at xmas time... I looked on donedeal there over the last few weeks and seen some dodgy enough ads on it and then came across your post!

I really hope you get your money back and them scumbags get caught!

Advertisement