Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Newcastle United 1.30pm [SS1]

• 07-11-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭

Come on the Gunners. Expecting Walcott to have fun today.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Have him as captain in Fantasy Football so I'd like to see the same. With Chamakh, Nasri and Carroll also in my team, I'll have a goalfest either way haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Yeah hopefully Carroll, Fabregas and Chamakh will all get on the scoresheet. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I need a hattrick from Fabregas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Up The Arsenal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Switched my captaincy from Fabregas to Walcott last minute, hopefully turn out to be a genius move.

Not to drag this thread off topic :D but leaving Fantasy aside, I'd like to see Fabregas start showing some form after injury. Few matches ahead that we need him fit and firing for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

We're coming into this game in good form after beating Sunderland 5-1 last week so hopefully we can continue the form today. Sadly, I think Arsenal will have too much for us and will run out comfortable enough winners. If we could keep it tight for the first 20 mins or maybe get an early goal, it could make for an interesting game.

Howay the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I think Arsenal need an early goal today, if they don't get one, Newcastle will come into it and we tend to get nervous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

I think Arsenal need an early goal today, if they don't get one, Newcastle will come into it and we tend to get nervous

In full agreement, if Newcastle make it to the 20th min without conceding i think we will cause ye problems. We have been strong on the road and remember were extremely unfortunate to loose to city who we outplayed for large portions of the game.

Not sure if we are mentally strong enough to come from behind against a quality side though. We would be picked off on the break with ease

Arsenal: Fabianski, Sagna, Koscielny, Squillaci, Clichy, Song, Wilshere, Fabregas, Walcott, Chamakh, Nasri

Subs: Szczesny, Rosicky, van Persie, Djourou, Arshavin, Eboue, Bendtner

NEWCASTLE UNITED: Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Enrique; Barton, Nolan, Tiote, Gutierrez; Ameobi, Carroll.

Subs: Soderberg, Campbell, S Taylor, Routledge, Smith, Lovenkrands, Ranger

Unchanged and 4:4:2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

snip - Damn you up there! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

it's not a race
    anyway lads do you think it will be a goal fest?
    i'd say it could be a tight one :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

M5 wrote: »
    In full agreement, if Newcastle make it to the 20th min without conceding i think we will cause ye problems. We have been strong on the road and remember were extremely unfortunate to loose to city who we outplayed for large portions of the game.

Not sure if we are mentally strong enough to come from behind against a quality side though. We would be picked off on the break with ease

20th min!? More like half time yeh mean?? Arsenal tend to start slow these days. I expect Newcastle to put up a good show anyways, they have a good away record thus far and have plenty of confidence atm, however I cant see anything other than a home win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

digme wrote: »
    it's not a race
    Are you saying that I thought it was?

Mmm, I think it's either be 2-1 to Arsenal, or a scored draw. Here's hoping it's a good game, but sadly I can see it coming out otherwise...

THFC wrote: »
    20th min!? More like half time yeh mean?? Arsenal tend to start slow these days. I expect Newcastle to put up a good show anyways, they have a good away record thus far and have plenty of confidence atm, however I cant see anything other than a home win.

Nope, I meant 20. We have been shaky in the first 20 all season. Would be surprised if we got anything too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

RVP on the bench! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Arsenal: Fabianski, Sagna, Koscielny, Squillaci, Clichy, Song, Wilshere, Fabregas, Walcott, Chamakh, Nasri

Subs: Szczesny, Rosicky, van Persie, Djourou, Arshavin, Eboue, Bendtner

NEWCASTLE UNITED: Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Enrique; Barton, Nolan, Tiote, Gutierrez; Ameobi, Carroll.

Subs: Soderberg, Campbell, S Taylor, Routledge, Smith, Lovenkrands, Ranger

Unchanged and 4:4:2

thats the exact Arsenal side id have picked (given Gibbs is injured), nice to see RVP on the bench too.

im predicting 2-0 to Arsenal, Chamkah and Fabergas to score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Newcastle are going to have a go at Arsenal and they will no doubt get chances but if they don't take them they could end up losing heavily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Interesting to see Walcott is preferred over Arshavin, not that I disagree but it seems for year we have been saying he is undroppable.

Jaysus; just took a look at the Arsenal bench there - what a bench! You can probably add in the fact that Vermaelen and Gibbs who are out would probably be first choice too.

JPA wrote: »
    Newcastle are going to have a go at Arsenal and they will no doubt get chances but if they don't take them they could end up losing heavily.

No Shay Given thank ****!

Always remember him [and Rob Green + Brad Friedel] having absolute belters against us all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Interesting to see Walcott is preferred over Arshavin, not that I disagree but it seems for year we have been saying he is undroppable.
    For the last two seasons, there have rarely been a huge amount of decisions to make about our front three though. With Walcott stepping up and Wilshere's emergence (meaning Nasri is playing up top all the time) it's the first time Wenger has really had an Arshavin decision to make.

On the goals front, I've just seen 6 goals in 17 minutes while watching Southport v Sheffield Wednesday (beats watching Barnes and Redknapp talk about Liverpool)... here's hoping it continues!

Just thinking there; is RVPs inclusion a clever ploy by AW re the international call up... i.e. give him 20mins versus either Newcastle or Wolves where he'll pick up an unfortunate 'niggle' ruling him out of the Netherlands games... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Unchanged line up as expected.

HOWAY THE LADS.

Come on the Toon!

Clichy is playing. We might have a chance yet. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

0-0 til the 60th minute I'd say. Not a fan of Chamakh Attack

Think we will find out just how good enrique is today...... Should be able to match wallcott for pace anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

If Joey Barton didn't get rid of that mustache, he'd be a dead ringer for Hitler with the haircut.

Great start from us. Seeing plenty of the ball.

• Advertisement

Mother of **** the arms on Enrique; is he playing for the Falcons in his spare time or what?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

A smidgen off topic I know, but can anyone tell me why Hughtons job is under threat?

Awful awful defending thus far from Arsenal.

Any chance of a replay of the possible penalty sky?

Poor defending by Sagna to let Gutierrez inside but no way was it a peno.

Arsenal waking up

• Advertisement

Incidentally, that wasn't a free kick either.

Would have been a very soft penalty, get them in old trafford though ;)

Good man Clichy, pressing the GK :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Arsenal waking up

I'm not hate these early sunday kick offs :(

Lovin' Tiote.

• Advertisement

Colo fortunate not to go in the book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I'm not hate these early sunday kick offs :(

Then don't be staying up half the night perving on Sarah Jane Mee.:pac:

First half possession 37 -63 in favour of the Geordies.

Not often you see that at The Emirates!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

oh unlucky Cesc

Fcukin' hell.

whoa nelly

Nasri certainly has the skillz. Excellent dribbler.

Walcott :D

Game is a bit meh so far

How quiet is it?

Zero atmosphere whatsoever. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement