Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Newcastle United 1.30pm [SS1]

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

M5 wrote: »
    Not a hope, they will absolutely qualify

Man City, Tottenham, Liverpool, perhaps even Newcastle, look like either contenders or possible contenders for a spot!

I won't be that shocked if your top 4 again, but I don't think its a cert for now.
    A miracle forward buy in the Jan window is really needed for your club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Man City, Tottenham, Liverpool, perhaps even Newcastle, look like either contenders or possible contenders for a spot!

I won't be that shocked if your top 4 again, but I don't think its a cert for now.

lol, i'd like to agree with you but thats just not going to happen! cant see two of the 4 you mentioned finishing above Arsenal. One maybe

M5 wrote: »
    lol, i'd like to agree with you but thats just not going to happen! cant see two of the 4 you mentioned finishing above Arsenal. One maybe

Apologies for assuming your a gooner!

Newcastle look like finishing a top-half side (at the very least) without doubt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Apologies for assuming your a gooner!

Newcastle look like finishing a top-half side (at the very least) without doubt!

No worries, Top half would be a more than successful outcome. Not sure if we can stop looking over our shoulders just yet though. 17 points, almost half way there after 11 games....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

When I told one of the Arsenal fans at work that I have a tenner on Newcastle at 11-1 he ridiculed me and said I was throwing money away, I bought him a pint after the match with my 120 euro :)

WHAT A ****ING WIN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

So fabianski then......!:D;):p

Seriously though, arsenal have needed a keeper for years, what is wenger doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Your whole point fell apart when you mentioned Newcastle and Liverpool. Neither of those two will finish in the top 4. Neither will Tottenham.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Your whole point fell apart when you mentioned Newcastle and Liverpool. Neither of those two will finish in the top 4. Neither will Tottenham.

Well, I said 'perhaps' in the case of Newcastle. Of course its a long shot given they are only back in the Prem League, but if Carroll, Nolan, Enrique etc. continue to play in the form they have already shown, they will finish the season well.

After yesterday, writing off Liverpool would be stupid, and providing Torres does not bugger off somewhere else in Jan.

With the squad at Spurs disposal, they will be involved in the race!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anyone else think the goalkeeping situation is overblown by the media? I personally think so. I've always thought that Almunia and Fabianski are good keepers.

All keepers go through a bad patch but they pick themselves up and get on with it. I think it's just fashionable to criticise the keeper situation at Arsenal.

Maybe that's just me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

That_Guy wrote: »
    Anyone else think the goalkeeping situation is overblown by the media? I personally think so. I've always thought that Almunia and Fabianski are good keepers.

All keepers go through a bad patch but they pick themselves up and get on with it. I think it's just fashionable to criticise the keeper situation at Arsenal.

Maybe that's just me though.

Not really, too many costly mistakes made by both to be honest. Both are good shot stoppers, so can look amazing at times, but neither are good enough to be relied upon for 50+ games a season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

KeithAFC wrote: »

city nailed on for 4th so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭Paleface

Arsenal are appealing Koscielny's red card.

They obviously feel it wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Advertisement