Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neil Prendeville

• 07-11-2010 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

I'm surprised that this, as a radio discussion is not discussing the biggest radio story in Ireland since the untimely death of Gerry Ryan... Is there a hidden agenda that I'm missing here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

He didn't do the said act live on his radio show, so it is not really relevant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Rubik. wrote: »

...not really relevant? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

It could also be that he's not really known outside Cork so other people aren't that interested. I live an hour up the road and I'd never heard of him until this. It does seem so bizarre that I believe the painkillers mixed wth alcohol thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

Rubik. wrote: »
    What? That's nonsense. The late great Gerry Ryan didn't die on the Radio either but his passing generated loads of discussion.

The man in question is, arguably the biggest radio personality outside Dublin and you think the issue isn't worthy of discussion? Lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

it was 'discussed' to death on the Liveline megathread.

Z-list radio presenter on regional station yankin' the chain in public does not an interesting radio forum story make. A thread like that would be more suited to the AH forum or Celebs if one felt more inclined.

tbh, the first time I heard of this guy was as a result of his mid flight entertainment faux pas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭whydoibother?

I think there might also be the practical problem of trying to conduct a discussion on this on the radio/television. I mean there's very little you can say about it without becoming vulgar. I read the Irish Times article on it which I found comical. They managed to write a whole article without saying what he had actually done. People can say he "exposed" himself, but lets face it, that's not really what we have the biggest problem with, it's what happened after the exposing. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

What? That's nonsense. The late great Gerry Ryan didn't die on the Radio either but his passing generated loads of discussion.

The man in question is, arguably the biggest radio personality outside Dublin and you think the issue isn't worthy of discussion? Lol!

Gerry Ryan's death had a huge impact on radio in Ireland. Neil Prendeville's actions on an Aer Lingus flight has NOTHING to do with radio or radio programmes - which you'll see, if you read the charter, are what we discuss here - NOT the presenters' personal lives.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement