Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyclist killed :(

• 07-11-2010 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1107/rta.html
    A cyclist has died after being struck by a car in Co Laois.

The collision happened on the Mountmellick to Emo Road at around 9am.

RIP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Thoughts and prayers for his family.
    RIP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

There but for the grace of God.
    RIP

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The 51-year-old man was seriously injured and died at the scene.

Poor chap, RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Thoughts with his family and loved ones.

RIP

• Advertisement

Terrible news. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Very sad news.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

RobFowl wrote: »
    There but for the grace of God.
    RIP

Second that - Like a lot here, I'm sure, was on the bike at the same time this morning. Called into newsagent at the end of spin and heard the news on the shop radio. Brought it home to me. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

michaelm wrote: »
    Second that - Like a lot here, I'm sure, was on the bike at the same time this morning. Called into newsagent at the end of spin and heard the news on the shop radio. Brought it home to me. RIP.
    RIP. Condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Horrible, just horrible. Certainly makes you think.

Sympathies to his family and friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭scar 101

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭alanucc

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭rothar man

RIP
    v sorry to hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

my thoughts are with his family and friends, RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭BaBiT

My in-laws know this mans family. He retired two weeks ago and took up cycling to keep himself in shape. Has really hit home to me as, were it not for recovering from a back injury, it could have been me out there at the time. I have ridden that road many times on my own and on club spins. His funeral is tomorrow. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

RIP - Prayers go out to the family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

RIP- It really shows the dangers using two wheels on our roads. I've had a few close shaves in my life.

Whats the story with Drivers on roundabouts? They see you have right of way but still proceed! What, are we not good enough for you to take notice?:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

may the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace amen.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,702 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Whats the story with Drivers on roundabouts? They see you have right of way but still proceed! What, are we not good enough for you to take notice?:mad:
    This is not a thread for apportioning blame in respect of this tragic incident

There are others who are more capable in this area than most of us who can do this in due course

Thanks

Beasty

• Advertisement
Advertisement