Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of duty: Black ops

• 07-11-2010 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭

If anybody like myself is interested in this, Xtravision Ballybricken/Parnell street will be open at midnight on Monday night for the release of the game :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Gamestop and Smyths are doing the same.
    Would love to know who is gonna have the cheapest price on it though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

There is a few threads about this.

One is a review of the whole game with videos etc. Everything you need to know.

And another on what xtra visions are opening at midnight.

And another on prices that the game will be in such a store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭KeelanM90

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

According to Smyths website its €55 and its out of stock in the Waterford store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Heading away on honeymoon on Tuesday morning so I don't think this would be a good idea!

Maybe I'll get it on the cheap when I arrive home a week later and someone's grown tired of it already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Xtravision in Ballybricken isn't opening for this. I prebooked it today and they said Tuesday morning. I'll be going down to pick it up at Parnell street.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

dazftw wrote: »
    Xtravision in Ballybricken isn't opening for this. I prebooked it today and they said Tuesday morning. I'll be going down to pick it up at Parnell street.

How much is it in Xtravision?

It says on there site that Ballybricken is opened http://www.xtravision.ie/Games/CallofDutyMidnightOpening.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Heading away on honeymoon on Tuesday morning so I don't think this would be a good idea!

Maybe I'll get it on the cheap when I arrive home a week later and someone's grown tired of it already!

I'll buy it and you can have it when you're back. Assume I'll be bored of it by then!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Tesco for 40 quid hopefully Tuesday morning will do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

Looks absolutely class i have to say

• Advertisement

neilk32 wrote: »
    Tesco for 40 quid hopefully Tuesday morning will do me.

Yeah sounds good but supposedly they wont have it on Tuesday,I'm going to go out to Harvey Normans today they are meant to be selling it for €44,see if i can pre book it.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

44 in tesco and 46 in smyths with a code, might just head down there for midnight launch.

I pre booked mine in Xtravison Lisduggan today its €55 but im trading in Red Dead so got it for €25 not to bad,Harvey Normans will have them tomorrow for €44

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

I pre booked mine in Xtravison Lisduggan today its €55 but im trading in Red Dead so got it for €25 not to bad,Harvey Normans will have them tomorrow for €44

dya havta pre book it? and is it open at 12?

dya havta pre book it?

I don't think so,but it would best to make sure that you get it,the girl working there reckons they will be a lot of people there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BIGButters

Anyone heading down the gamestop launch tonight ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Just got it now out in tesco ardkeen! Loads of them out there and only €43.95........happy days

Got mine in Xtravision Lismore park last night,got there about 11:50 and there was around 40/50 people there mostly students id say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

As someone how battled an actual addiction to playing the first modern warfare game online I can't believe the level of buzz surrounding this game.

Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Tesco looks cheapest ..
    ziedth wrote: »
    As someone how battled an actual addiction to playing the first modern warfare game online I can't believe the level of buzz surrounding this game.

Is it any good?

As a PS3 owner who has only casually played warfare before and mostly plays fifa :o would i get much out of this black ops game??? , im seriously thinking of getting it but worried , first of all as i may get hijacked and never return to earth the same person and secondly will i be able to get full enjoyment from playing it if i have to start from scratch learning everything :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

jo06555 wrote: »
    As a PS3 owner who has only casually played warfare before and mostly plays fifa :o would i get much out of this black ops game??? , im seriously thinking of getting it but worried , first of all as i may get hijacked and never return to earth the same person and secondly will i be able to get full enjoyment from playing it if i have to start from scratch learning everything :confused:

I would be quite similar to you and just got it today in Tesco. I enjoy the single player game more than the multiplayer game if I'm honest, but might give the multiplayer a proper go this time to get my money's worth. The single player so far has a pretty good story, it looks very nice and it quite enjoyable to play.

I do find once you play through to the end of single player mode it's not very replayable. Yes you can increase the difficulty but the storyline and situations stay the same.

It's quite easy to play but I would stick it on at least the medium difficulty the first time you play. You'll get the hang of it quickly but if you play on the lowest difficulty level you can literally walk through the levels getting shot and rarely die.

So I say buy it if you're interested. You can always sell it or trade in for another game at a later date. And who knows maybe you'll become addicted to the multiplayer game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

Tesco looks cheapest ..

if u have plenty of time to get hijacked and not return here for a while its well worth it:),,hardened edition is the one you want so the bro tells me,,comes with the maps and zombie mode,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I would be quite similar to you and just got it today in Tesco. I enjoy the single player game more than the multiplayer game if I'm honest, but might give the multiplayer a proper go this time to get my money's worth. The single player so far has a pretty good story, it looks very nice and it quite enjoyable to play.

I do find once you play through to the end of single player mode it's not very replayable. Yes you can increase the difficulty but the storyline and situations stay the same.

It's quite easy to play but I would stick it on at least the medium difficulty the first time you play. You'll get the hang of it quickly but if you play on the lowest difficulty level you can literally walk through the levels getting shot and rarely die.

So I say buy it if you're interested. You can always sell it or trade in for another game at a later date. And who knows maybe you'll become addicted to the multiplayer game!

On modern warefare funnily i was the opposite and lauched straight into the multiplayer and never looked back. I only stopped playing it when I did an all nighter without realising it ( and had work the same day), couple of games out this Christmas I'm after so it's a good tine to be a gamer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Multiplayer ftw!

Got it at midnight in Xtra Vision in Parnell Street.
    Got up the next day and spent all day completing the campaign. Jumped into Multiplayer and Zombies. This isn't good for my college work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Got it at midnight in Xtra Vision in Parnell Street.
    Got up the next day and spent all day completing the campaign. Jumped into Multiplayer and Zombies. This isn't good for my college work...

Ah were you in the xbox queue or the inferior ps3 one? :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Inferior PS3. I was home by 12:15 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

I arrived at xtravision Parnell street at just 12 o'clock and the que wasnt that bad! I took a spin around to smyths, gamestop and lisduggen while the other half stayed in the que and parnell street which by far had the least people of all, gamestop and smyths were crazy!! when i got back the other half was only bout 3 people from the front, and happy days got one when we got to the front. Headed out to tesco to stock up on the munchies and here was a big display stocked with Black ops not a sinner out there! (except for a little fella that was behind us in the que in xtravision). Madness!

I only jumped on the MW2 band wagon a few months ago and i was addicted,this game is great but im definitely not mad into it like some people,i just play the campaign for an hour or two then the multiplayer when im finished the campaign ill get stuck into the multiplayer for about a week then ill get bored of it and play it about once a month then,you will get full enjoyment from it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭nialeon

Game was a real let down....This Franchise is now screwed...5 hours of a story mode...shocking..Yes multiplayer is grand..but again its hacked already online..so dont expect much else other then point/killstreak whores online..And on a side note...great to see M$ not banning anyone this time around with this game...Iv been online with over a week with it..updated to new dash..checked my console with XVAL...still not flagged...guess they wanna sell there new Kinnect that bad.!!! this time last year 1 million apr..bans!! mmmmmm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement