Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one that got away...

Options
  • 07-11-2010 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Similar to the bands I have seen threads, what band did you miss out on seeing and now never will.

For me it was Pantera, 2001 in the point... they pulled out after 9/11 and never played live again :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Faith No More...timed it to be online in Sydney to get tickets, but my cousins laptop had different settings from his school mac, so Irish ticketmaster didn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

RHCP at slane 2003

Was to young to go:(

And now john frusciante has left

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

As the days roll on, my chance to see Phil Collins is getting less and less. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

incubus in 07 in the national stadium. I know, they're not world class or anything, but to see top musicians close up would have been cool. Who knows if they will come here again.....

E.S.T. I was in Aus, when they were touring Europe, then when I got back they were in Aus!! Piano player is now dead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Had a ticket for Nirvana at the RDS, 8th April 1994, still have the ticket somewhere in fact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

cLOUDDEAD in Whelans in 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

DMG_49 wrote: »
    RHCP at slane 2003

Was to young to go:(

And now john frusciante has left

Me too. Wanted Queens and Foos too!
    seachto7 wrote: »
    incubus in 07 in the national stadium. I know, they're not world class or anything, but to see top musicians close up would have been cool. Who knows if they will come here again.....

Incubus aren't great live. Seen them twice and couldn't hack their full sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

been pretty lucky really, got to see the RHCP's twice with John Frusciante (Slane and Oxegen), seen the Foo Fighters twice, The Melvins, Rise Against twice, Mudhoney, Alkaline Trio, Strike Anywhere, Korn (minus Head and David...).

I didn't think I'd get to see the Smashing Pumpkins, Blink 182 or Rage Against The Machine, but they both came reformed, SP with Jimmy Chamberlain, minus Wretzky and Iha (RDS 2007), and RATM the complete lineup (Oxegen 2008). I'll never get to see Nirvana of course... and System of a Down is questionable...

Deftones however, i probably will get to see... but I don't know if I'll ever get to see them play with Chi Cheng, it's looking doubtful though... Really want to see Bad Religion too, but they never come here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Smashing Pumpkins at the Olympia in 2000 was for a time the "one that got away" even though I only started going to gigs regularly in 2002... I was a big Pumpkins fan in those days. When I saw them live when they reformed a few years ago however, something seemed so off about them, more than likely because Iha and Wretzky were out of the picture.

I kicked myself for not trying harder to get tickets to the "one-off" Zeppelin gig at The O2 in London a few years back. I had my doubts about the reunion (that they wouldn't be up to it, etc.) but after I watched the videos of the show online... the gig looked amazing. And with every year going by it seems the prospects of a full Zeppelin tour are looking increasingly slim. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mitybuck20

any thin lizzy gig!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Smashing Pumpkins supported by Whipping Boy in the SFX. 1995

I really really wanted to go but had no money and my folks had already bought me an REM ticket that summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 andyrew5000

Rems' run in the Olympia in 2007. Sold out before I heard about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

For me it has to be The Who in Marley park in 2007, had already both tickets for two gigs that summer, couldn't afford another, sickened i didn't go though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I never got to see Soundgarden first time around so hopefully they'll play a gig over here now that they've reformed.

I was at Slane in '92 when they were supporting GnR throughout Europe but for some reason we got My Little Funhouse instead. I was also at Sunstroke in '94 (?) when they were scheduled to play but pulled out and got replaced by Therapy?

By the time they did play here in about '95 or '96 I had moved to England so missed them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Throbbing Gristle. I was supposed to see them in December but the singer jumped ship so it's just three of them (granted the most talented three) but it won't be TG.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Rory Gallagher in the Olympia and again at the Temple Bar.
    Solomen Burke in Vicar St. shortly after it opened

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Run DMC
    I was on a vacation in Florida and they played the same day my flight back to Europe was. One year later Jam Master Jay was shot and the band dissolved ever since. :(

Also I once went to a "Lacuna Coil" concert just to see "Lacrimas Profundere" opening. Unfortunately L.C. pulled out, so I've never seen them live. But they might still show up for a show sooner or later in Ireland.

Advertisement