Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pastry for Savoury Pies

Options
  • 07-11-2010 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Tried Maggie Beers recipe for savoury pastry yesterday and it was very good. Got it from Masterchef Australia and I def think it is the best savoury pastry I have made. So here is the recipe:

200g Butter
    250g Plain Flour
    125ml Sour Cream
    Pinch of salt

So either just put everything in the food mixer or rub butter into the flour and then add the egg.

The only one tip that Maggie Beer gave was that the pastry must be cold when going into the oven. So I made the pastry - rested it for 20 mins in the fridge, then rolled it out and made my pie and then put it back into the fridge for another 20-30 mins. Then baked it.

It was very good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Hi,
    Can you clarify if there is an egg. Its not listed in the ingredients but you mention it in the description.

I like using minimal liquid in pastry, it makes it much crumblier, so sour
    cream and an egg seems like a lot.

Sounds interesting though.
    They are right about refridgerating pastry before using it, it is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PaddyJules

Oh wot a plonker!! Should have proof read it before posting.

There is no egg in it. Should have read - rub butter into flour and then add the sour cream. So used to making pastry the other way.

A million apologies - do I get a verbal warning now!

Advertisement