Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass effect 2 ps3 version getting Cosmetic Surgery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

ME2 is my most anticipated game of the next few months. I just wish it was out before Christmas so I could play it over the break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I finished the pc version , probably get the ps3 version for the dlc and new missions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

ME2 is my most anticipated game of the next few months. I just wish it was out before Christmas so I could play it over the break.

If you haven't played it your if for quite the treat.I still think its dumb that they can't port ME1 cause Microsoft published it. I would of waited until this Trilogy was over then have the other games in the Mass Effect Universe appear on PS3.Then again I have both Consoles.I might pick this up half price just for the DLC,also hope to see more from Miranda or is it more of Miranda.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

GTR63 wrote: »
    If you haven't played it your if for quite the treat.I still think its dumb that they can't port ME1 cause Microsoft published it. I would of waited until this Trilogy was over then have the other games in the Mass Effect Universe appear on PS3.Then again I have both Consoles.I might pick this up half price just for the DLC,also hope to see more from Miranda or is it more of Miranda.

I had ME1 on 360 and got ME2 on PC but never got any of the DLC so depending on the price i'll get this. i used a site i found with a archive of all the saves from 1 as i didn't have it on PC but this interactive comic that'll allow you to make the choices at the start for all the decisions you could make in ME1 seem very nice and should be in these sort of games in the first place, what was the default choices that ME1 gave otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

The 6 hour mission is not a new mission. It's the estimated playtime for all the dlc already released, on other platforms.

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2010/11/07/bioware-clarify-features-of-mass-effect-2-on-playstation-3/

• Advertisement

I wonder will they eventually release all the DLC on a disc it'd be handy for me with no Live.I think its been done for Fallout 3,GTA IV & Red Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

GTR63 wrote: »
    I wonder will they eventually release all the DLC on a disc it'd be handy for me with no Live.I think its been done for Fallout 3,GTA IV & Red Dead.

I'd say Bioware will because they released Dragon Age Ultimate Edition with all of it's DLC only recently.

The Shadow Broker DLC for ME2 is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I'd say Bioware will because they released Dragon Age Ultimate Edition with all of it's DLC only recently.

They gave it a try at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭boiledeggs

Yeah they did but from what I heard it was just downloadable codes, pretty much screws anybody with no internet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hoping they release the 360 version with all the DLC. I'd get it for PS3 or PC except for the fact that I want to keep my shepard from the first game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Yeah continuing on from the 1st game is one of the best things about this and truly made me fall in love with the series.

While I initially thought ME1 was lacking a lot, I enjoyed the universe and it t'was continuing with my choices from the 1st game that really bumped up my opinion of the whole thing.

ME 2 on its own is still a solid game for sure, but its the combination of both that makes me truly appreciate 'mass effect'.

I deffo think you can still enjoy the 2nd game having not played the 1st, just like watching the empire strikes back without ever seeing anything else to do with star wars. But your lack attachment to the characters and story will seriously dilute the experience.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not having played one will certainly have a negative mass effect on the experience. It's a shame, because the beauty of the second was having a narrative that actually felt somewhat in control of the player, having carried over from the first. Of course PS3 players will still get lots of this - and I still think every game developer needs to play through this game to see interactive storytelling moving upwards in the world - but the little incidental details will be a bit of a loss. Still, plenty to enjoy without, and the new content is a nice touch.

But Bioware? ME3 please, and in the haste good sirs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'm happy for the PS3 owners I know. I'll also be happy so long as any content PS3 might get will still be put up for the 360. (I haven't read the link.)
    The latest Shadow Broker dlc was really great I thought. I'd love more. Of course better than that would be ME3, to second Johnny there.

I expect ME3 to be announced via a trailer at the end of the Final DLC,which would be kinda cool.I know a lot of people won't like ME1 Players saying that making choices in a game is far better than in a intro video but its the truth.ME1 is a bit like Uma Thurman not perfect but you love it anyway,a friend of mine said that & for some reason that always stuck with me as the best way to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,935 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hoping they release the 360 version with all the DLC. I'd get it for PS3 or PC except for the fact that I want to keep my shepard from the first game.

I went looking the other day to see if there was a plan to do that, and ended up pre-ordering the Dragon Age 2: Signature Edition game due in March:o

Stupid BioWare site advertising!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Polar101

Well, they'd better offer something extra since it'll be a full price title, while you can get the PC and Xbox versions for around 20 euro.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was at an interview with the Bioware doctors (I actually was!) and they said that there will be a short narrative introduction to the first mass effect game with the PS3 version. They also said that it won't be a video but playable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    they said that there will be a short narrative introduction to the first mass effect game with the PS3 version. They also said that it won't be a video but playable.

20% of it will still be in a lift :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Polar101 wrote: »
    Well, they'd better offer something extra since it'll be a full price title, while you can get the PC and Xbox versions for around 20 euro.

3 otherwise expensive pieces of DLC not good enough for you?

Advertisement