Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor inconsistent roaming charges???

Options
  • 07-11-2010 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Am just wondering has anyone else had the same experience?? Was roaming outside the EU and have been charged an unquoted rate for incoming voicemail calls!!

I've been with Meteor, on Billpay max €85 per month, for some time and have always been happy with the service. Rang up and queried these charges and was told by the genius in the call centre that 'I must've hit off my 171 button and called into my message minder by mistake' !!!!! Rang back again and got yet another genius who actually had no idea what to say to me. Rang back one more time and got a more helpful girl who immediately offered me a refund off my next bill. I explained to her the money is not the issue, and the bill is already paid. She said she'd get someone to ring me back, which I am now waiting for. I am 10 months into my 12 month contract and am really annoyed that they seem to make up their roaming rates as they go along. Am I being petty and trivial? I want out of the contract now as am convinced they're untrustworthy and are ripping people off left right and centre???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There's another thread where some posters got 15,000 euro bills, i'd get out while you can, there just like eircom, utterly useless when it comes to billing or support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 FionaW107

I saw their posts!! What they charged me is actually LESS than the quoted rate but it's not stated that the voicemail connection charge is different to the incoming call charge, which would've obviously alerted me to charge in the first place and I would have turned off the voicemail before I went anywhere!! Is this reason enough for me to ask for my contract to be cancelled?? Are they breaking their own terms and conditions by not telling me about this different charge??

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

See this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056074321

you can get out of contract for the next 2 or 3 weeks, penalty free.

Advertisement