Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea KO 4:00pm SS1

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Result and performance was a surprise if I'm honest , Two great finishes .
    good day at the office for a few of the liverpool players .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Despite been sh!t last season terry still captained chelsea to the premier league title.............yeah, awful defender:rolleyes:

I hate Terry like most but I find it had to believe people here think he is crap. He had a lot of issues last season and 90% of players in the World Cup had a mare. He has been consistantly great for Chelsea much to my annoyance. I do agree Carvalho was better though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Johner wrote: »
    This is actually hilarious how was he shown up? Terry has been brilliant this season for us, the first goal he could have been tighter alright but what could he do about the second? No shame in Torres getting the better of you in a game, just ask Vidic. ;)

Seriously though Johner I thought he should have walked today.

The challenge where he put his knee into the neck of Torres was a straight red for me, never even looked at the ball. He also had a similar tackle in the second half where it should have been a yellow.

Webb had a good game but it's shocking that Terry will get away with these really cowardly challenges.

His lack of pace is getting more apparent but to say he is past it is blatantly wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

lordgoat wrote: »

The challenge where he put his knee into the neck of Torres was a straight red for me, never even looked at the ball. He also had a similar tackle in the second half where it should have been a yellow.

Webb had a good game but it's shocking that Terry will get away with these really cowardly challenges.

His lack of pace is getting more apparent but to say he is past it is blatantly wrong.

I actually thought that was harsh on chhelsea, terry got the ball and had eyes on the ball, yeah he got torres in the back, but he got the ball at the end of the day, its a physical game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Lucas has improved quite a bit under Hodgson
    Lolz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

The question now is will liverpool play like this every week or return to the pathetic, ugly and spineless team that we're used of seeing this season?

Thats is ze question all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

He was going for the ball.And it couldn't have been that sore cause torres went down holding his face not his back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

RasTa wrote: »
    Sure I've being doing that the past 4 seasons.
    So you sing songs about a terrible disaster that killed many innocent people? You sad sad person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mister men wrote: »
    So you sing songs about a terrible disaster that killed many innocent people? You sad sad person.

:eek:

Anyway, missed the match today, away at the Dr. Who Live Show, but really looking forward to MOTD2!

I thought we might have got a point today but to be level with Spurs after our poor start is brilliant. Need to push on now and try and challenge 4th.

Oh, chuffed for Lucas!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I actually thought that was harsh on chhelsea, terry got the ball and had eyes on the ball, yeah he got torres in the back, but he got the ball at the end of the day, its a physical game.
    Soby wrote: »
    He was going for the ball.And it couldn't have been that sore cause torres went down holding his face not his back

I'd love to play some of these who claim it's not a foul just because a player gets the ball. They're not mutually exclusive. It was a foul, he went in to hit Torres and got away with it. You don't need to jump with your knee raised like that.

I suppose he got the ball when he ploughed into Kuyt in the second half too? All eyes firmly on the player and guess what, he got him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I'd love to play some of these who claim it's not a foul just because a player gets the ball. They're not mutually exclusive. It was a foul, he went in to hit Torres and got away with it. You don't need to jump with your knee raised like that.

I suppose he got the ball when he ploughed into Kuyt in the second half too? All eyes firmly on the player and guess what, he got him.

You are really talking crap now. Look at it again, eyes for the ball, torres did not move, what is terry suposed to do 9 just move aside and let torres have it). Torres decided not to jump because he did not want to disturb his hair. Look at it again, terry eyes on the ball all the way and torres gets in the way.

Advertisement