Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea KO 4:00pm SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

My streams behind! its 1 nil?

Crappy late stream!!!! Some goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thank goodness for the whistle.

said Carlo

Torres I ****ing love you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Just woke up and heard Torres scored. What a great start to the day :)

We are playing alright by the looks of things, will watch the second half properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Ancelotti will be glad it's half time, Chelsea don't look like Chelsea at the moment, Liverpool having a stunner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Great finish from Torres, i love the way he just delays shots before he hits them for a second, super skill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I love my Liverpool Again !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

baldbear wrote: »
    My strams behind! its 1 nil?

Your stream must be ages behind if you think it is only one nil. :D Torres has struck twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Absolute **** half from us, Ramires has been absolutely muck. Kalou and Anelka have been terrible, missing Essien and Lampard are midfield is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That was an absolutely fantastic first half for pool. Can't fault any player out there.

Gerrard and Lucas have been absolutely immense, in particular Lucas.

I don't think theres anything that i can say on Torres other than get a few more for FF reasons! :D

We must come out the second half and continue in the exact same way as Drogba will be on sooner than later. The next goal is going to be huge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

What a ****e time for Torres to show how good he really is.

You can stop now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Liverpool ensuring that our title challenge is still on.
    :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Why the hell is John Barnes analysing a football game for Sky Sports anyway if his child was due to be born today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

niallo27 wrote: »
    **** all the doubters

Keep Roy At Pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    That'd be you and most of the other pool fans tbh :D

I meant the torres doubters

Degag wrote: »
    Why the hell is John Barnes analysing a football game for Sky Sports anyway if his child was due to be born today?

Meh. Proper order if you ask me. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Chelseas squad not looking as powerful as some people were making out . . Couple of injuries and they look very average . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

RasTa wrote: »
    Gwan, feck the family's presents, this result if stays is better. I'm glad my awful betting run continues
    It's not like you actually put any real money on it anyway.

Gerrard, Lucas, Torres, Kelly - playing brilliantly.

Meireles - trying hard but he's lost out wide.

As Mike said, it's gonna be hard to keep this tempo. Expect Drogba on for 2nd half.

Excellent half for us overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Thank you Liverpool. Keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Worst chelsea performance in years, lpool are so negative but we have no answers to break them down.:mad:

We need to sign torres at half time to have any chance

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    Chelseas squad not looking as powerful as some people were making out . . Couple of injuries and they look very average . .

Any team without their 3 best players are obviously not going to be as strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Malouda is the only man on the pitch really. Need Drogba on now regardless of how fit he is and start getting balls up to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Timistry

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Fair play pool, so is Woy a genius now?

As a Utd fan im enjoying this.

I was thinking the same thing! Liverpool have been brilliant so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I think i just wet myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

didn't know he was pregnant

Drogba will be on at half time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

There were certainly 2 PRENDERVILLE moments in that first half!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Good first half for the Pool, Roy has his tactics spot on making Chelsea look very ordinary at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Fernando Barnes!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

We need drogba, bosingwa and maceachran on ( and also to grow some balls)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

In fairness losing 3 definite starters would affect any team. Essien, Lampard and Drogba are 3 World Class players!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

That_Guy wrote: »
    Meh. Proper order if you ask me. ;)
    Well i wouldn't mind so much if Richard Keys hadn't mentioned it about 35 times!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,598 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

great half from Lucas. That guy up front is doing alright too.

Great finish for second, Ivanovic and Cech knew exactly what he was going to do, but couldn't do anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Well, after watching that half, you can't argue Hodgson is making the managers position his own. As good a 45 mins as we've had in a long time.

Gerrard, looking the part in midfield with Lucas. Torres returning to full fitness. Thank god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Think I would take Meireles off, bring on N'Gog, and move Kuyt to the right.

Go for the jugular whilst strengthening our right flank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Fantastic from Torres, such a shame he doesnt want to play in a mid table side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

PiE wrote: »
    It's not like you actually put any real money on it anyway.

lol a week's dole to people like yourself

copacetic wrote: »
    great half from Lucas. That guy up front is doing alright too.

Great finish for second, Ivanovic and Cech knew exactly what he was going to do, but couldn't do anything about it.

Ah, I'm doing alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

People have consistantly overlooked the weakness of their defence. Terry especially isn't half the defender Carvalho was. He was an absolutely massive loss. Without Essien providing the protection, their weaknesses are shown up.

Come on Liverpool and ****ing nail this home with another goal or two.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Think I would take Meireles off, bring on N'Gog, and move Kuyt to the right.

Go for the jugular whilst strengthening our right flank.

Aside from the goal I don't think Kuyt has been great. Meireles doing a bit of a job for Kelly on the right. I'd definitely bring N'Gog on for Kuyt after 65 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Worst chelsea performance in years, lpool are so negative but we have no answers to break them down.:mad:

We need to sign torres at half time to have any chance

I duno about that chelsea have been very poor recently, very lucky against blackburn last weekend were the lesser of the 2 teams most of the game...

liverpool aint being negative at all, chelsea were playing like the team 1-0 up passing about in defense not probing at all, were as every time liverpool got the ball they were trying to push into chelsea's 3rd of the pitch, not negative at all.

I'm a chelsea fan too, but i have to say this has been comming, at least we will still be top, no matter what happens today, bring on the Drog is our only chance! and if liverpool win 5-0 they go 5th too lol, what a league this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Have you sen the price of nappies recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Just seen this on BBC
    From United6060 on 606: "Chelsea were complacent thought they could show up and walk this game, complete arrogance. Glad Liverpool are teaching them a lesson, says it all when Lucas is dominating the midfield."

I think its true.Think we thought we were gonna walk it and win easy.Hopefully Carlo gives them a wake up call

Coming from the Team who cant beat Napoli without Gerrard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

I duno about that chelsea have been very poor recently, very lucky against blackburn last weekend were the lesser of the 2 teams most of the game...

liverpool aint being negative at all, chelsea were playing like the team 1-0 up passing about in defense not probing at all, were as every time liverpool got the ball they were trying to push into chelsea's 3rd of the pitch, not negative at all.

I'm a chelsea fan too, but i have to say this has been comming, at least we will still be top, no matter what happens today, bring on the Drog is our only chance! and if liverpool win 5-0 they go 5th too lol, what a league this year!

only if you get six point for beating chelsea or something.

Soby wrote: »
    Coming from the Team who cant beat Napoli without Gerrard

Eh, aren't you just about to send on Drogba, half the team without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Hopefully Roy doesnt let Pool sit deep 2nd half. Another Pool goal and the game is over...

Fantastic from Torres, such a shame he doesnt want to play in a mid table side.

must try harder

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Ah so happy to see torres get 2 goals already, hopefully he can get a hattrick! Would be great! Lets get the machine called Torres running :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Johner wrote: »
    Any team without their 3 best players are obviously not going to be as strong.

Funny that this logic doesnt apply to United who have two of their best forward players (Valencia and Rooney) missing long term and they are classed a spent force ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Drogba coming on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement