Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea KO 4:00pm SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He's been quality the last 3 games.

Stop posting nonsense

He has been quality a lot of games, but is the scape goat for the rest of the team. Gerrard and Torres have been passengers ALL season, have done nothing, have 2 good games and they are best players ever. If we won this game ten nil it would prove very little as all the same issues are there. No doubt they will be back to their worst soon enough and lose to Wigan or Stoke. Great performance first half but a sunny day doesn't..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ardent wrote: »
    By his usual standard, Lucas was very good today.

Lucas played the way he's been playing all season today.

Thought him and Skrtel were the best two players on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

This must be the best Liverpool fans have felt in long time.

Whatever about missing Drogba and Lampard, Chelsea without Essien are no where near as powerful a team and were shown up by a very spirited Liverpool team.

What a difference a few weeks makes - Liverpool up to 9th and top half of the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Drumpot wrote: »
    Apart from the mercenaries down the road, its been pretty much the perfect weekend for United . .

Well played Liverpool . .

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fair play lads. Great result. Made Chelsea look very very average.

Anyway, I'm off to the pub to get pissed in celebration of the only real result today. ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I actually didn't think Liverpool had that performance in them but there ya go.

Chelsea weren't with it in the first half. Liverpool took their chances. Second half Chelsea came back hard but didn't create the quality of chances that Liverpool did in the first.

Never like saying it but Liverpool deserved it today. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    Uncle Roy is out of his depth.

Thankfully the players on the pitch were not though. :p:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Shame the PA announcer didn't break the news.

'Will John Barnes please make his way to the local hospital. Your wife has just given birth.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

PiE wrote: »
    Well played Torres, Lucas and Gerrard especially but the whole team did their part.

REINA

But yeah, defo Torres, Lucas & Gerrard did play well today - and I'd ad Kuyt into that too.

As soon as I saw our starting 11, I had a pretty good feeling about it. Its probably our strongest starting 11, and it showed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Kess73 wrote: »
    Thankfully the players on the pitch were not though. :p:pac::pac::pac:

Took a fair bit of balls to go 4-4-2. A bold move that ultimately paid off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

As a United fan can i say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Kelly looks useful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I can't see anything other than a chelsea win here maybe 2 or 3 nil
    Can't see anything but a big Chelsea win here today.
    RasTa wrote: »
    Chelsea @ 6/4 for me, might as well get them to buy my Christmas presents.
    Just got 100/1 on betfair for a 4-0 Chelsea win, its hard to see Woy's boys doing anything against this Chelsea team. If Chelsea get an early goal, i fear for Liverpool and what might happen.

:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Whats with all the skin-heads at Liverpool?? Today yeh had Reina, Konchesky, Skrtel, Meireles, Shelvy, Spearing and N'Gog..!
    Great win though, glad to see Torres on the score sheet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

PiE wrote: »
    Working abroad I wouldn't know what the dole's paying you these days but since you lost your bet, I'm sure your family will enjoy those butter vouchers anyway.

Excellent 1st half - far too tentative 2nd, but the result is what matters.

Well played Torres, Lucas and Gerrard especially but the whole team did their part.

Cheese vouchers! What you working at anyway, you end up getting a job in games industry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭baldbear

I'll take my hat off to a player like Lucas, he has a great attitide to be able to turn his game around after all those below par performances!

If you're on boards Lucas, :D Good mentality kid!(Hope it continues)

Chelsea @ 6/4 for me, might as well get them to buy my Christmas presents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

That was a stunning all around performance from Lucas! Literally I felt 10 of our players had huge games today and when so many players perform in the one game your always going to compete against anyone. Maxi was the only player I felt a little disappointed with and thought he was poor but they are all hero's today. As a young lad playing in such a big game with little experience Kelly deserves special mention as he was immense.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

MIN2511 wrote: »
    As a United fan can i say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, ......No you can't!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Super result - happy days - off for a shower;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Great result! Most enjoyment I've had watching a pool game for quite a while.
    Fernando scored two great goals & we've now jumped up to the top half of the table. Happy days!
    Chelsea were very below par though. They clearly missed Lampard & particularily Essien in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Happy for Hodgson, stitched together a nice run of results. Funny how when the team is playing badly the manager is first to be blamed but when they're playing well...good man Roy!

Woop woop!

tumblr_l6ynhyHblr1qcm64lo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Absolutely delighted with that result. Although sky gave the MOTM to Torres I genuinely think Lucas deserved it.

Anyway credit to Roy too for that result, I haven't been a fan of him since he's arrived but he's got Liverpool playing and winning so if it continues i can't complain.

I am a United fan so couldn't care less about pissing away money today. Keep on rubbing it in if it makes you feel better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Drumpot wrote: »
    Have a funny feeling that Liverpool are going to get something from this . ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

ntlbell wrote: »
    huh, he's made some awful mistakes as usual.

but because he usually plays so badly when he has an average game it looks like a great perfomance it just shows how bad he normally he is.

You haven't one iota what you're talking about!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I am a United fan so couldn't care less about pissing away money today. Keep on rubbing it in if it makes you feel better.

I thought you were a Liverpool fan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Good interview there from Roy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Thanks Scousers.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Fanfcukingtastic.

Great performance by everyone, especially Roy who kept Poulsen on the bench. Maybe he realises who he's managing. He deserves a chance now after 4 wins on the bounce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

THFC wrote: »
    Whats with all the skin-heads at Liverpool?? Today yeh had Reina, Konchesky, Skrtel, Meireles, Shelvy, Spearing and N'Gog..!
    Great win though, glad to see Torres on the score sheet again.

all they need now is a swastika on their sleeves...! :rolleyes:

Seems the derby defeat gave woys army the kick up their asses that they needed,that or he is giving them weetabix.

Nah nah nah nah naaaaaah nah!
    :p

mars bar wrote: »
    I thought you were a Liverpool fan...

I'm guessing this is some sort of joke?

Also how much did Chelsea pay for Rameriez

flahavaj wrote: »
    Thanks Scousers.:)

Having watched United yesterday, I'd save your thanks. Number 19? No chance.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Cheers lads. Ye still have an awful lot of work to do. Don't get ahead of yourselves now.

Chelsea were awful today.

NickDrake wrote: »
    Cheers lads. Ye still have an awful lot of work to do. Don't get ahead of yourselves now.

Chelsea were awful today.

That kind of talk can wait until tomorrow!!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I'm guessing this is some sort of joke?

Ha, I hope it was serious!

Having watched United yesterday, I'd save your thanks. Number 19? No chance.:p

Having watched Chelsea today I'm a lot more confident than I was tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Well that is true. That said, Lampard, Essien and Drogba fully fit, are the heartbeat of Chelsea. Big miss for them today.

Well that is true. That said, Lampard, Essien and Drogba fully fit, are the heartbeat of Chelsea. Big miss for them today.

United's four best attacking players were also out yesterday as well lets not forget - Rooney, Berba, Valencia, Nani, not to mention 6 others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

Sorry can someone tell me who they gave man of the match to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

Chelsea are a lot weaker without Essien and Lampard to a lesser extent.

If it wasn't for Ferguson, I'd say United would have no chance. The team they started with yesterday looked very weak and it showed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Lucas was my MOTM without a doubt, he won every tackle and actually out-muscled the chelsea midfield which is full of very strong physical players , fair play to him.
    Maybe its no surprise hes playing regularly for Brazil nowadays?hes been very good for us this season,hes no MR Creative but he sure as hell is a cracking ball winner.
    Great to see Torres back on form, two great goals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Gerty wrote: »
    Sorry can someone tell me who they gave man of the match to?
    Sky = Torres
    Boards = Lucas

Reina stood out the most when called upon imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

woy must be in dreamland, first ever win against chelsea today and first ever away win in football last week (ok so maybe not :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Sky = Torres
    Boards = Lucas

FF gave it to Lucas

United's four best attacking players were also out yesterday as well lets not forget - Rooney, Berba, Valencia, Nani, not to mention 6 others.

When you put it like that, you'll have it wrapped up by March.

• Advertisement
Advertisement