Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Chelsea KO 4:00pm SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

First off well done Liverpool, deserved that.

We were awful first half and Torres destroyed us, second half we were alot better when Drogba came on but the damage was already done at this stage, we really missed Essien and the sooner Lampard comes back the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

mars bar wrote: »
    I thought you were a Liverpool fan...

No he is definetly a manc, singing hysel songs last time when Liverpool played at old trafford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Chelsea are a lot weaker without Essien and Lampard to a lesser extent.

i would say the opposite, lampard is more vital to chelsea than essien imo, last year essien barely played but chelsea still beat all before them including liverpool at anfield without him, last two times liverpool have beaten chelsea it was without lampard on the pitch (he got sent off in the last anfield defeat)

MR NINE wrote: »
    FF gave it to Lucas

Fine Gael gave it to Torres

RasTa wrote: »
    Also how much did Chelsea pay for Rameriez

Why? Are you going to go on about how he was a waste of money? Could say the same about Bebe,Smalling whoever United signed in the summer but of course that would be stupid because you can't judge a player after a few ****ing months ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Andy Gray was gutted his team lost today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Obvious Sky choice for Man of the Match. It was clearly Lucas, but of course El Nino makes the headlines!! It's just laziness!

As for the laughable Utd fans in this thread, you aren't good enough to win the league. It's Chelsea's,there is is no doubt about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

When you put it like that, you'll have it wrapped up by March.

Not at all. Chelsea would still be clear favourites for me and have a very strong squad. But considering how United have thrown away points like confetti late on against Everton, WBA and Fulham, I'm more than happy to be only two points behind them - all done while the player they relied on so heavily last season hasn't been playing at all. Plenty cause for optimism at the very least.

Anyway wrong thread for all this - enjoy the win lads, richly deserved and again thanks for the favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

The question now is will liverpool play like this every week or return to the pathetic, ugly and spineless team that we're used of seeing this season?

monkey9 wrote: »
    Obvious Sky choice for Man of the Match. It was clearly Lucas, but of course El Nino makes the headlines!! It's just laziness!

As for the laughable Utd fans in this thread, you aren't good enough to win the league. It's Chelsea's,there is is no doubt about it.

Not Liverpool's no??

• Advertisement

The question now is will liverpool play like this every week or return to the pathetic, ugly and spineless team that we're used of seeing this season?

The last 4 games have seen a vast improvement in the performances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

niallo27 wrote: »
    No he is definetly a manc, singing hysel songs last time when Liverpool played at old trafford

Sure I've being doing that the past 4 seasons.

Terry shown up again today. It is amazing the amount of English who still think he is world class.

The guy is a liabilty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

What did people think of Meireles today? I thought he performed really well including the assist for Torres 2nd.

Johner wrote: »
    Why? Are you going to go on about how he was a waste of money? Could say the same about Bebe,Smalling whoever United signed in the summer but of course that would be stupid because you can't judge a player after a few ****ing months ffs.

Jesus it was just a question....

Singing Hysel songs?

Well done you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm guessing this is some sort of joke?

Also how much did Chelsea pay for Rameriez

Serious.

I suppose I associate a troll-like attitude to some of the Liverpool supporters here and that's why I thought you were a Liverpool fan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Nice one classy

Jesus it was just a question....

Alright sorry, just sick of people(a lot being our fans actually) saying Ramires is ****, we have to give him a chance and it's very unfair to be judging him this early. He was very poor today but he is still settling in and he has shown glimpses of what he can do.

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    Serious.

I suppose I associate a troll-like attitude to some of the Liverpool supporters here and that's why I thought you were a Liverpool fan...

That doesn't make any sense.... You must not have heard of ntlbell or also think he follows Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Alright sorry, just sick of people(a lot being our fans actually) saying Ramires is ****, we have to give him a chance and it's very unfair to be judging him this early. He was very poor today but he is still settling in and he has shown glimpses of what he can do.

I have no doubt that in two years time everyone will be singing his praises. Quality player, it was a very tough game to be thrown into today when still settling into a new league.

NickDrake wrote: »
    Terry shown up again today. It is amazing the amount of English who still think he is world class.

The guy is a liabilty.

This is actually hilarious how was he shown up? Terry has been brilliant this season for us, the first goal he could have been tighter alright but what could he do about the second? No shame in Torres getting the better of you in a game, just ask Vidic. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

The guy is a liabilty.

Ancelotti did not value Carvalho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

That doesn't make any sense.... You must not have heard of ntlbell or also think he follows Liverpool
    It makes perfect sense.

A few liverpool fans act like trolls.

You acted like a troll.

She assumed you were a liverpool fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

MR NINE wrote: »
    FF gave it to Lucas
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Fine Gael gave it to Torres

Sinn Fein gave it to Poulsen ...just to be controversial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That doesn't make any sense....

It does (in my head :p)

I guess I just don't enjoy your posts too much. The only Liverpool supporting poster whose posts I really enjoy are Slickric's.

This is actually hilarious how was he shown up? Terry has been brilliant this season for us, the first goal he could have been tighter alright but what could he do about the second? No shame in Torres getting the better of you in a game, just ask Vidic. ;)

He was totally at fault for the goal. The goal is what mattered.

Ya he has been great against terrible teams.

Terry is gone!

flahavaj wrote: »
    I have no doubt that in two years time everyone will be singing his praises. Quality player, it was a very tough game to be thrown into today when still settling into a new league.

Hopefully anyway, he has been thrown into a few games that have been very tough that I have no doubt he wouldn't have started if Essien and Lampard had been fit all season.

mixednuts wrote: »
    Sinn Fein gave it to Poulsen ...just to be controversial

B*stards!!

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    It makes perfect sense.

A few liverpool fans act like trolls.

You acted like a troll.

She assumed you were a liverpool fan.

But she is making an assumption that United fans don't troll which is clearly wrong. To many hypocrites on here imo.

Anyway let the lads enjoy their win, I'm off to troll CHD

• Advertisement

He was totally at fault for the goal. The goal is what mattered.

Ya he has been great against terrible teams.

Terry is gone!

So the next mistake Vidic or Ferdinand make I can start claiming they are gone! :rolleyes: Stop talking absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Only four seasons? Ah you must have been an Arsensal fan before then. Probably Blackburn before them too, with maybe a sprinkle of Keegan era Newcastle thrown in for good measure.

This thread is going south fast thanks to the usual.

Great fcuking win today, delighted !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Terry has been immense for chelsea this season and has led a defence that has conceded only 5. Yeah he was at fault for the goal but that does not mean he is past it. Look at vidic who is regularly destroyed by torres, nobody says vidic is past it. Terry is a twat off the field but he has been a rock for chelsea this season once again.

So the next mistake Vidic or Ferdinand make I can start claiming they are gone! :rolleyes: Stop talking absolute rubbish.

I am not talking about them. I am talking about Terry. Why are you dragging them into this.

Did you see him in the world cup?? Terry is not good against top strikers. He is good against bad team and average strikers.

The lad is overrated by English and Chelski fans

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Terry has been immense for chelsea this season and has led a defence that has conceded only 5. Yeah he was at fault for the goal but that does not mean he is past it. Look at vidic who is regularly destroyed by torres, nobody says vidic is past it. Terry is a twat off the field but he has been a rock for chelsea this season once again.

Once again? He was poor last season for a long period. A shocking world cup.

But she is making an assumption that United fans don't troll which is clearly wrong. To many hypocrites on here imo.

Anyway let the lads enjoy their win, I'm off to troll CHD

She is clearly wrong, as you are a United fan and are trolling.

That said, calling her a hypocrite if she was trolling would make sense, otherwise it doesn't.

I am not talking about them. I am talking about Terry. Why are you dragging them into this.

Did you see him in the world cup?? Terry is not good against top strikers. He is good against bad team and average strikers.

David villa said recently that terry was the toughest defender he had played against, but i guess you know more than villa:rolleyes:

Yeah he was poor last season and that was all down to himself, he has been brilliant for us this season, so one mistake this season and he is past is makes absolutely no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

niallo27 wrote: »

Shown yourself up there.
    Disgraceful stuff.....

• Advertisement

Rooney had a stinker of a world cup, so hes is also crap by your logic. Lots of top players had poor world cups, gerrard, kaka..........

Terry has been consistently fantastic for chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

At 29, he really shouldn't be considered 'past it', but I agree there have been some dire performances from him since the turn of the year! Today was one of them!

terry had been consistently better than gerrard and rooney over the past 9 months

rossie1977 wrote: »
    terry had been consistently better than gerrard and rooney over the past 9 months

You just compared a defender to a midfielder and a striker.

In an effort to look as smug as possible.
    I laugh at that.

The lad is overrated bAYy English and Chelski fans

You been checking out Ferdinand lately?? I will bow to your experience in watching dodgy centre backs!!

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    You just compared a defender to a midfielder and a striker.

In an effort to look as smug as possible.
    I laugh at that.

so now players cannot be compared??

why does it matter where they play, gerrard and rooney have been well below their best form this past 9 months, gerrard, rooney, terry and lampard are probably englands four most profile players so i think its fair to compare

if thats a smug statement so be it.........

Someone should lock this, it's getting farcical at this stage.

Despite been sh!t last season terry still captained chelsea to the premier league title.............yeah, awful defender:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

John Terry invented the laughter of children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Great performance today. Puts a smile on your face. Good performances all around and fabulous to see Torres finding his mojo back.

Advertisement