Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lanber shotgun model identification;

Options
  • 07-11-2010 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

As above, can anybody tell me the model of a particular Lanber if I give you the serial number/describe its dimensions and cosmetic detailing?

Help appreciated.

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

MarkD. wrote: »
    As above, can anybody tell me the model of a particular Lanber if I give you the serial number/describe its dimensions and cosmetic detailing?

Help appreciated.

Mark

Picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭MarkD.

Picture?

Its very very similar to this one

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Shotgun/Lanber-gun-for-sale-gs13771.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

im in the same boat as yourself im trying to find out the make of an AYA shotgun, went onto their website and e mailed them just waiting on a reply,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭blackstairsboy

You often see in the Sporting Gun magazine a fella writes in with the serial number of the gun and they can tell you everything about the gun where it was built, sold, who bought it etc etc .. Maybe they have a different system over there than here but it might be worth a try as a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Help appreciated.

Mark

This might Help you

http://www.lanberusa.com/index.html

• Advertisement

This gun Im on about is older then any of them so would not be listed on the Lanber website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

This gun Im on about is older then any of them so would not be listed on the Lanber website

Lanber made mainly 'so-so' mass-produced guns but did make a few high-end ones. If you can post photos, particularly of the markings on the action/barrell flats people can tell you more. For pre-1995 guns, the significant mark is the date letter - a capital letter followed by 1 e.g. A1=1955, B1=1956, etc. and another is the cartridge size e.g. 12 - 70
    Rs
    P.

I found out what model I have, it is a Lanber 2077 Hunter light model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

have you the paper work sorted mark

jap gt wrote: »
    have you the paper work sorted mark

Forms sent off last Tuesday through Kanturk, FO said id hear from him in a few days.. Not going to get my hopes up when he said that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tonytoc11

How did you find that out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Recommended retail in Spain for the 2077 is about 900 euro.
    There is a review of the gune here http://bobshellsblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/lanber-ou-shotgun.html
    Rs
    P.

tonytoc11 wrote: »
    How did you find that out?

I emailed Ardee Sports, was in contact with Raymond Mathews from the firm. Gave him my serial number and he let me know it a few hours what model I had. I also asked him a few general questions about the gun. Sound chap, heres his email; raymond.matthews@ardeesports.com

Recommended retail in Spain for the 2077 is about 900 euro.
    There is a review of the gune here http://bobshellsblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/lanber-ou-shotgun.html
    Rs
    P.

Ya seen that review, sounds promising. Wanted a light gun, and it looks like ive picked up one of the lightest out there.

Anyone know roughly what a pristine Lanber 2077 lightweight field 28" is making in the pre loved market?

Advertisement