Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Election Speculation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lyanna

Can you see how this is a Retarded Circular argument. Basicly the argument is he's on top because People think He'll be on top:confused:

vote for Mick Wallace
    No, the argument is that Labour are doing well nationally, which increases the chance that people will vote for Labour candidates locally. Neither retarded nor circular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

effemall wrote: »
    I had Liam Twomeys canvassers around today and they're claiming that Mick Wallace will join FF if he gets elected. And I hadn't even mentioned his name when they said this.

You should contact FG headquarters and ask where did they get this information and are they going to go public with it.
    In Gorey, Michael D'Arcy has a poster saying " Vote Gorey into government", whatever chance, and it was slim, he had of getting a vote from me disappeared with that one statement. He's proven to be just as big a waste of space as his father before him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

effemall wrote: »
    I had Liam Twomeys canvassers around today and they're claiming that Mick Wallace will join FF if he gets elected. And I hadn't even mentioned his name when they said this.
    Just because that runt joined Fine Gael the minute he was elected as an Independant doesn't give him the right to suggest others have the same lack of moral responsibility as he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 wexxford

oldyouth wrote: »
    Just because that runt joined Fine Gael the minute he was elected as an Independant

Try almost two and a half years later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭HeavyRunner

If you look at the Twomey v Wallace debate for a moment. I think the 2 will get in. Twomey is putting up several very large and expensive billboard style poster in every village I have driven though in south-east Wexford. He is putting a lot of money in to clever marketing. Wallace on the other hand is doing the footwork and using his own image as the marketing. Who has the bigger appeal. I'm not a fan of Wallace but I think i'll vote for the hard worker over the expensive marketing any day. Wallace is moving up my list a bit.

• Advertisement

Twomey is putting up several very large and expensive billboard style poster in every village I have driven though in south-east Wexford.

His fcuking van nearly put me into a ditch near Curracloe on Tuesday.
    Hope they are better at driving the economy.:mad:

I'd believe anything about Twomey. Listening to a report from Wexford on RTE. Apparently he had been running ads on local Radio as Doctor Twomey. Not breaking any rules I suppose but very sneaky. Don't trust him as a TD. I was going to give FG 1,2,3 but not now. Just 1 and 2.
    I would say he was behind that Survey on Facebook as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 wexxford

Listening to a report from Wexford on RTE. Apparently he had been running ads on local Radio as Doctor Twomey. Not breaking any rules I suppose but very sneaky.

I would say he was behind that Survey on Facebook as well.

How is it sneaky??...He is a fully qualified doctor.

Mick wallace claims to be a civil engineer....does he have a degree in it?

What survey are you talking about on facebook?

wexxford wrote: »
    How is it sneaky??...He is a fully qualified doctor.

Sneaky is probably not the best description. It is against the rules for election candidets to advertise I believe on radio/TV. He ran ads as a doctor. Against the spirit of the law I would think. We have had too much of this 'but I didn't break any rules'. Callalley didn't break the rules that were set out for example. Was it wrong what he did?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

Sneaky is probably not the best description. It is against the rules for election candidets to advertise I believe on radio/TV. He ran ads as a doctor. Against the spirit of the law I would think. We have had too much of this 'but I didn't break any rules'. Callalley didn't break the rules that were set out for example. Was it wrong what he did?

Dont know much about Twomey but he seems like a sly one who'll try anything to get it, i saw posters for him in Wx town this morning, "vote local" or some crap like that, how is a cork man who lives in Rosslare is supposed to be local. Same in Castlebridge, "give Castlbridge a td".

Should be pulled on false advertising if nothing else.

• Advertisement

What's with Twomey's posters in Barntown

'Vote for Liam. Make sure Barntown has a TD'

and then in Wexford Town 'Vote local for Liam Twomey'

WTF is that all about from a Rosslare man

oldyouth wrote: »
    What's with Twomey's posters in Barntown
    'Vote for Liam. Make sure Barntown has a TD'
    and then in Wexford Town 'Vote local for Liam Twomey'
    WTF is that all about from a Rosslare man

and Castlebridge, and WX town, false advertising imo. Not that i'd consider voting for someone because he's local but there are plebs that would.

Murtinho wrote: »
    and Castlebridge, and WX town, false advertising imo. Not that i'd consider voting for someone because he's local but there are plebs that would.

He is also a local TD in Kilrane, Killinick, Kilmore, Kilmore Quay, Bridgetown. Not bad. Marketing/money is a great way to get them stupid voters to vote for you.

In fairness I suppose all the candidates in the constituency could be considered local but I have grown tired of the parish pump antics of D'Arcy and Twomey.
    I wouldn't normally be idealogically drawn toward FG, FG = Tory as far as I'm concerned, but I certainly will not be including them on my ballot this time.
    I'm fast running out of options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Has anyone had FG canvassers for D'arcy and Kehoe in 'Twoomey areas' this election? I'd say there is no love lost between the 3 of them, jumpship is seen as Endas man now.

bmaxi wrote: »
    FG = Tory

agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

He is also a local TD in Kilrane, Killinick, Kilmore, Kilmore Quay, Bridgetown. Not bad. Marketing/money is a great way to get them stupid voters to vote for you.

Same with Carraig-on -Bannow. And Connick is claiming Duncormick. They're wasting their time, Mick Wallace will clean up around this area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Any sign of the Green's man - Cllr.Danny Forde? lol-045.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Any sign of the Green's man - Cllr.Danny Forde? lol-045.gif

Was he commentating on the live GAA on South East Radio today?

zerks wrote: »
    Was he commentating on the live GAA on South East Radio today?

He might as well have been for all the votes he's going to get. Why do the Greens even bother putting up a candidate with such a non-existent profile? If memory serves me correctly, on another occasion their Wexford candidate wasn't even an Irish citizen. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 The Hare

patff wrote: »
    Same with Carraig-on -Bannow. And Connick is claiming Duncormick. They're wasting their time, Mick Wallace will clean up around this area.
    i cannot understand you wexford people voting for a developer who owes millions..while the country crumbles you are more interested in a bankrupt who built you a football pitch ...he will have no influence as it will be a clear victory...unfortunately parish pum politics is alive and well in rural ireland.

The Hare wrote: »
    i cannot understand you wexford people voting for a developer who owes millions..while the country crumbles you are more interested in a bankrupt who built you a football pitch ...he will have no influence as it will be a clear victory...unfortunately parish pum politics is alive and well in rural ireland.

The problem also with MW is that he won't have the time to do the job as he is going to continue to run his businesses and all his soccer teams. Being a TD will be a hobby to him. On the other hand when you look at the other guys on the list it is not very inspiring. Who stands out from that crowd. Cork man Twomey still does sessions for the Caredoc co-op at least once a fortnight and does one or two sessions a week in his GP surgery. How commited is he to being a TD.

Interesting 1st post there OP. I'll make the assumption you have no agenda against Mick Wallace. As for it being a clear victory, it surely will, but heaven only knows who for at this stage.

Firstly, Mick Wallace is not a bankrupt and that is a serious accusation in this day and age. I won't report the post because I think it says more about you to leave it there.

Secondly, I have no problem with anyone owing money, as long as they are meeting their payment obligations

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

Wow!!! A critique of Wexford people, Mick Wallace and rural Ireland all together in your first post.
    If only us country people had such clarity of thought. We would see that voting for the same morons time after time is actually good for the country. We might realise that a maverick like Wallace has nothing to offer apart from a bit of unwanted originality. And we would finally understand that it's not about us anyway, and we would remain silent.

mick is anything but parish pump, he'll tell you that himself, its national issues that matter for him, he's gone out of his way not to promise the usual rubbish. The reason he is so popular and stands a good chance is that he is honest and has a bit of integrity which the rest of them lack. Maybe if he does get in other politicians around the country will change their attitudes and start attending less funerals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 effemall

i cannot understand you wexford people voting for a developer who owes millions..while the country crumbles you are more interested in a bankrupt who built you a football pitch ...[HTML]he will have no influence as it will be a clear victory.[/HTML]..unfortunately parish pum politics is alive and well in rural ireland.

a clear victory for who????

I cannot understand dyed in the wool FF/FG (?) knuckle draggers who sign up here just to slag off Mick Wallace. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Interesting to see that Mick Wallace is massively ahead on the Boards.ie election poll with 29% of the votes cast going to him - more than twice the number that Howlin has. Sadly come election day 'country' people tend to revert to tribal lines and vote the way that mammy and daddy always did.

what is this about? is it the old culchie thing and townsfolk are so more educated and better than 'country' redneck farmers? nice generalisation of everyone in one fell swoop. its not as if the city slickers have been voting in the same manner is it?

but seeing as you mention how the 'country' folk will revert to tribal lines and not vote in Wallce, I'd completley disagree. Seeing as Wallace himself is form the 'country', and seeing the response of other yokels from the 'country' around me, it seems he has a big follwoing out in the back of beyond in the sticks.

but sure what would I know, I'm just from the country and will vote how mammy and daddy tell me. :rolleyes:

I wonder can the Greens improve on their woeful showing in the 2007 election where they picked up just 1.17% of first preferences in Wexford - many of those probably from people like me who would traditionally have voted for a lampost if it were Green. Not any more! Gormley and Cuffe need to be shown the door as they have set the Green agenda back decades by propping up this rotten FF government.

http://electionsireland.org/result.cfm?election=2007&cons=232

• Advertisement

bruschi wrote: »
    what is this about? is it the old culchie thing and townsfolk are so more educated and better than 'country' redneck farmers? nice generalisation of everyone in one fell swoop. its not as if the city slickers have been voting in the same manner is it?

but seeing as you mention how the 'country' folk will revert to tribal lines and not vote in Wallce, I'd completley disagree. Seeing as Wallace himself is form the 'country', and seeing the response of other yokels from the 'country' around me, it seems he has a big follwoing out in the back of beyond in the sticks.

but sure what would I know, I'm just from the country and will vote how mammy and daddy tell me. :rolleyes:

All I was pointing out - in my experience - is that when people move away from their roots they tend to vote differently to when they were at home with mammy/daddy and their neighbours. I have lived all over the country and have seen the tribal way people vote. :)

Advertisement