Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E76 after flash

• 07-11-2010 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Just flashed a liteon 93450c with ixtreme firmware the console now boots to an e76 error message with one red light, it had the latest dash installed which I didn't know before performing the flash I was rather foolish in not checking if this error was present before flashing too anyone else ever experience this I can try flash it back to stock to see if it boots

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Flash back to stock. And if you never checked if it had the error before then you won't know what happened either. E76 is supposedly an error to do with the Ethernet chip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I went and flashed it back to stock, only when repairing the traces I lifted pad 101 by accident. The dashboard gets a bit further this time the new animated splash screen comes up the rol flashes green and there is no response from the drive, a while later I get an e64 message(some progress at least). I have tried to work around the pad using this method

full

I have done many 93450c drives before, but killed this one :( anyone got any spare 93450c drives lying around? Better yet, if somone can repair this I'll offer a nice reward. I have tried spoofing with a samsung but the new dash seems to detect this

If it's busted I could take a look, can't really make it worse now can I? :D

You don't need a spare 93450C either, any LiteOn will do - the hardware is the same or is cross-compatible, so get any LiteOn drive and put on the 93450C firmware and it'll think it's a 93450C, no need for spoofing anything except the key :)

Cheers tv pm me your details and I'll courier it to you, I'll pay you if you can unbrick it for me :D

I have tested the surrounding pads with a multimeter, the points between pad 101 are making a sound as well as the point that was cut/bridged below. My guess is I may have blown a component on the PCB

When connected to a ck3 the blue light is on but it doesn't respond to eject and doesn't make that whirring noise when powered on, I know that on a completely bricked drive there is no light and no power going to it all so maybe there is hope for this drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

i have a board out of a 7 series if that helps you out at all

• Advertisement

I have a few 73450c lying around, I am almost certain I flashed one with the 93450c firmware and tested with the same result, I'll try again tomorrow just to be sure I think the new dash has new checks to find imposter drives, thats why I am leaning towards either getting it repaired or a new liteon 93450c altogether cheers massy :D

When you flash a LiteOn drive with firmware from another model of LiteOn it reports it's OSIG value as being that drive. There is no model spoofing or anything of that nature. It does work, I blew a 73850C about two months ago and replaced it with an 83850C I had lying around and all i had to do was flash the stock firmware for the 73450C with the right key to the drive :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

what aplication did you use? if JF which version? Is the dump recognised as valid 9 series firmware?

I will try an older liteon before I send it off to TV, JF accepted the original dump just fine

I think it was JF version 1.72

Just tested a liteon 73450c with the original key, no joy drive powers up rol is solid green but still boots to e76 error message I bet it is the new dashboard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

E76: Ethernet Error - Couldn't complete ethernet reset: This error is usually cased by the Ethernet port's controller chip, a dead chip may not cause the error but removing the Ethernet controller chip does, it may also be caused by other Ethernet related problems.

I'll hold out until the 93450c is repaired or replaced, I believe the dash is causing this error because it's not detecting the drive. Would be handy if someone with the new dash could remove their drive to see if they get the same result, maybe it's a security measure to stop people tampering with the drive or maybe your right the ethernet chip could be fried

Sometimes the Exx errors are nothing to do with the list that's available. I remember getting a southbridge issue when it was the DVD drive's problem :P The Exx Error List isn't very conclusive and is mostly trial & error.

If you replace the DVD drive with a working unit with the right key and it still doesn't work then yeah there's something else amiss :)

Sometimes the Exx errors are nothing to do with the list that's available. I remember getting a southbridge issue when it was the DVD drive's problem :P The Exx Error List isn't very conclusive and is mostly trial & error.

If you replace the DVD drive with a working unit with the right key and it still doesn't work then yeah there's something else amiss :)

That is my logic exactly :D

Working on this now, the drive's vital signs aren't so good. There might be damage to the chip :(

I would suggest getting a new drive if you've got a customer waiting for it, but if not then there are still a few things I can try out to see if I can get it fixed over the course of the weekend

Working on this now, the drive's vital signs aren't so good. There might be damage to the chip :(

I would suggest getting a new drive if you've got a customer waiting for it, but if not then there are still a few things I can try out to see if I can get it fixed over the course of the weekend

I suspected as much, thanks for your efforts. If you can try a few more things with it that would be great, but don't stress over it too much. I'll crack open one of my jaspers to see if they have the 93450c drive and substitute it into the customers console :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

It doesnt even need to have the right key, a dvd drive with the wrong key should boot in a 360, just not play games

Yeah, this drive doesn't respond to the SENSE command in Xellous and my JTAG behaves as if there is no drive connected (flashing middle green light). It also isn't detected in JF or DOSflash :(

Oh well, I'll give it a few tests to see if the chip is damaged or what the story is :)

Thanks tv, I may have to admit defeat on this one and compensate the customer :(

justryan wrote: »
    Thanks tv, I may have to admit defeat on this one and compensate the customer :(

Did you manage to take the DVD key off it?

• Advertisement

I've dumped the original key off that drive you have, I was thinking of flashing it to another 93450c and testing

In his latest update c4e says:
    [c4eva] osig is interesting, they took out kernel check due to rrod repairs, now ap25 had to have it,otherwise everyone would be a sammy, now rrod repairs may not boot if osig wasnt updated!

My guess is they put something into 12611 to detect tampering with the drive maybe this is the reason for the e76 error message

He's talking about OSIG data, which is untouched by LT so it's an unrelated point :)

I see, hold onto that drive if you want it for spares thanks for trying :D

You're more than welcome, I'm only sorry I couldn't fix it for you. I'll keep trying bits and bobs though, maybe the folks over at XBH might have something for me

Advertisement