Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to combine my Leaving Cert....

• 07-11-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I'm confused but anyway I done my Leaving Cert in 2007, I done six subjects, 4 higher level, 1 ordinary and foundation level maths. I achieved 230 points from doing absolutey no study whatsoever. Anyway this year I have gone back to do Ordinary level Maths and Biology as I want to go to college next year and I need my grade d3 in Maths at ordinary level, I also need Biology for the course inteded. However in class on friday my tutor suggested that he didn't think it was possible for me to combine my new results when I get them next year with my orininal Leaving Cert. To put it more clearly I suppose the question I am asking is can I combine these grades with my oringinal Leaving cert? I have the points already, I just need the grades..........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

You can use the new grades to help matriculate, but you cant use the new points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

You can use one of your leaving certs for subject requirements and the other one for points, but you can't take points from both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

You can only use points from one sitting. CAO will automatically use your highest points.

You can however use subjects from all sittings. In your case you can use your 2007 points and still have biology for the entry requirements!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Will the points for your course definitely be below 230? Points can go up. What course is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

God what an idiot of course you can't combine leVing certain points haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

As was said, requirements from one, points from another is fine. You can't mix them together though. As for that stupid post, plus one for Pictureframe's comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

ricero wrote: »
    God what an idiot of course you can't combine leVing certain points haha
    Infracted.

Advertisement