Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talking to TD/Senators with your problem

Options
  • 07-11-2010 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Ive done it (albeit reluctantly at first) and got an appointment moved forward 6 months after exuasting all other avenues-best thing i ever done,i never actually realised they are here to help people with their problems on a personal level and not just a local/provincial level.Ive a medical card and my lifes at a standstill with my injury for the last two years-ive mentioned my injury here before so i wont repeat myself.

Im not going to mention who i saw as i know TD's/Senators try and keep what there doing away from GPs as their involvement drives GP's mad,(Gps shouldnt give a ****e as long as the patient gets the help but there ya go....) i dunno if its an ego thing or what but thats how it is.This particular TD called to my house twice and i went to see him twice and he genuinely had time for me.He even rang me after i left a message one day on his way home from the Dail,just for a couple of minutes.....truly amazing.They really have connections to people who have connections to hospital admin staff and the likes we could only dream of

Now weather he actually gave a damn(i think he did) about me or he was just trying to score brownie points-i couldnt give a ****e,he got the job done and thats all i care about

I think anyone with a chronic problem should try it.Ive no political connections,im just an average joe and it worked for me.If your at your wits end then you have nothing to lose do you?And i know from reading stories here that there are people worse off then me

Just a thought
    Good Luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dannyo666

Just gonna give this one bump.Honestly best thing i ever did,thought there would be a bit more intrest but ill leave it at this....

Advertisement