Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your bi-monthly electricity bill?

Options
  • 07-11-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭sudo911

My electricity bill is approx €160 per month which I think is very high, so curious to find out if anyone has a bill so high?

Live in the country, have a bio-cycle system and a water well. Other than the usual flat screen tv, computer, console - nothing out of the ordinary.

The washing machine, tumble dryer and kettle get a good going over on a daily basis though! (kids!) :cool:

Can you get a device, or someone in to tell you exactly where all your energy consumption is coming from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have a look at a Owl meter, or a wattson. These are just two common brands of energy meter. You fit a clip at the ESB meter, and then there is a display in the house, it will go up and down as you turn stuff on and off.

The tumble dryer would be a big user, any thing that heats water like immersion etc. This link might also be a help to you:> http://www.esb.ie/esbcustomersupply/residential/energy_efficiency/appliance_calc/appliance_calculator.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭sudo911

Yeah, tried the ESB calculator etc - but still doesnt add up. Suspect the electric kettle and tumble dryer as the culprits, but you never know!

No matter what we seem to do, cant get the cost down.

Has anyone used those meters like Wattson? Does it show you a timeline of your consumption, or just a point in time? i.e. I'd like to capture the water well at night time to see what thats costing etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

sudo911 wrote: »

Has anyone used those meters like Wattson? Does it show you a timeline of your consumption, or just a point in time? i.e. I'd like to capture the water well at night time to see what thats costing etc..

The wattson tracks usage yes, can look at days, weeks months, and compare against previous. Stores them all to the pc for reference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

As above! Women, women and women:D Just kiddin hope no one takes offence:P

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭sudo911

hahaha ...... YES!! there are one or two of those in the house, although some of the men could be blamed for that one just as easy! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement