Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should you always buy a Christmas pressie for Godchildren, even in their late teens?

Options
  • 07-11-2010 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

I ask this because I have four Godchildren, the youngest is 8 and the oldest is 20. I don't mind buying for the 8 year old and the 13 year old but the 17 and 20 year old I believe are too old for this lark.
    Any comments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Do they appreciate your presents, or take them for granted?

I stopped with my goddaughter when she 17, not because of her age, but because she completely took it for granted that she would get a present (and her standards were high!) and thanks was very much an afterthought - fine for a child, but that age.... maybe I'm too harsh.

Now my 12 year old godson, he has no expectations, and is just as happy with a bar of chocolate, as with a wii game, so I'll probably be buying for him when he's thirty :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

i think 18 is the cut off point - when they become an adult. but if they don't appreciate it then don't bother.

Advertisement