Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunderland Home - Match Thread

Options
  • 07-11-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Really need to bounce back with a win after Saturday.
    A clean sheet would be nice to start with.

Gomes
    Hutton
    Kaboul
    Bassong
    BAE
    Lennon, if fit.
    Hudd
    Luka
    Niko
    VDV, if fit.
    Pav

Plenty of options from the line including Bale and Crouch.

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

To be honest John I wouldn't be bothered about a clean sheet. After this weekend we really, really need 3 points. We are only ahead of Liverpool, Sunderland and West Brom on goal difference and only 3 points ahead of Blackburn who are in 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

kakee wrote: »
    To be honest John I wouldn't be bothered about a clean sheet. After this weekend we really, really need 3 points. We are only ahead of Liverpool, Sunderland and West Brom on goal difference and only 3 points ahead of Blackburn who are in 16th.

I agree. 3pts is the priority, but we need to start defending better. If we continue to leak goals, we wont be picking up many 3pts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

we need to play our strongest available team tuesday night , bale has to play , none of this resting him rubbish , 3 points a must.

BERBA wrote: »
    we need to play our strongest available team tuesday night , bale has to play , none of this resting him rubbish , 3 points a must.

Im normally in your corner, but I do think it's time to leave him out. He has played loads of football, and been in the headlines quite a bit, so no harm in protecting him to a certain extent. He'll always be on the line if we need him with a half hour remaining.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Im normally in your corner, but I do think it's time to leave him out. He has played loads of football, and been in the headlines quite a bit, so no harm in protecting him to a certain extent. He'll always be on the line if we need him with a half hour remaining.

Can see where your coming from hatch,but i could
    see bale having a nice night against bardsley. Were now 5 pts behind 4th spot and i dont want us losing anymore ground so i dont care how we perform tuesday night once we get 3 pts , we know sunderland and bent will be well up for it. 6 points tuesday night and bburn sat are viital before we face the goons at emirates.

• Advertisement

we need to play our strongest available team tuesday night , bale has to play , none of this resting him rubbish , 3 points a must

At some point Bale has to be rested. If he continues the way he is going he will end up getting a serious injury due to fatigue and then we will be fúcked big time.
    Another thing is that teams playing against him will plan their tactics around stopping Bale. Therefore if he isn't playing it may upset their game plan a little.
    Before our game plan was basically get the ball and give it to Lennon and now its get the ball and give it to Bale. Its about time someone else in the team stepped up tbh.
    I reckon VDV will be back for this one. We should play 442 with Crouch and Keane up top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

At some point Bale has to be rested. If he continues the way he is going he will end up getting a serious injury due to fatigue and then we will be fúcked big time.
    Another thing is that teams playing against him will plan their tactics around stopping Bale. Therefore if he isn't playing it may upset their game plan a little.
    Before our game plan was basically get the ball and give it to Lennon and now its get the ball and give it to Bale. Its about time someone else in the team stepped up tbh.
    I reckon VDV will be back for this one. We should play 442 with Crouch and Keane up top.

keane up top? he wasnt even in the squad on sat man, if its 2 up front then pav and crouch it will be i imagine

move luca to the left for this one and slot jenas into the centre

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ya 3 points is a must, I think we'll do it though. I'm going 3-1

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

I just dont know after watching the shambolic performance against Bolton - think I might take a punt with the bookies on this one, crap odds but I think Harry will have given the lads a kick up the ass after the weekend, and hopefully Van Der Vaart will be back, even if just for a half.

Agreed on Bale missing the game, might scupper Sunderland's tactics as surely they'll have two players man marking him...

Harry Redknapp reports that Rafa van der Vaart remains doubtful but hasn't completely ruled him out of Tuesday night's clash against Sunderland.
    ;)

• Advertisement

;)

Fingers crossed we'll see him on the pitch - about the only decent midfielder we have currently.

the lineup could be

gomes

hutton ---- kaboul - corluka ---- ekotto

jenas / niko
    hudd
    modric
    bale

crouch --- pav

the ammount of injured players is getting out of control

Do NOT want to see Kranjcar on the pitch again - praying Rafa will be fit.

Do NOT want to see Kranjcar on the pitch again, and imagine we'll see Kaboul instead of Corluka...

kaboul will play, corluka instead of gallas as he picked up a knock also

mickman wrote: »
    kaboul will play, corluka instead of gallas as he picked up a knock also

Sorry, edited post as realised hadnt read properly, happy enough to see Corluke instead of big Billy, he's been useless as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

bale needs the rest so would have him on the bench,this should of been the case sat.towrd the end he looked drained.with all the hype of tuesday it was clear bolton would double up on him and thats what they did but we still chose to play every thing through him.
    Bring him on second half tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Surely Bassong will play?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

we must win our next 2 games,otherwise we will start to fall away from the leading pack!we should be good enough to win them both.

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Surely Bassong will play?

Agree, why does nobody fancy him ?

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Agree, why does nobody fancy him ?

agree 100% i'd have bassong in the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Yep, Bassong instead of Gallas.

i cant see us winning this game at this stage. we simply have too many injuries

Really? I think we have a great chance as long as we're not CL hungover like against Bolton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Luckily for us Bent is out, although they have a great replacement in Gyan... He is also in fine form. Hopefully he won't be too much for Kaboul to handle today.

I also really like the look of Henderson, he has been having a great season thus far and I just hope that we are able to keep him quiet.

Otherwise, we need to get goals tonight. And we need to play from the start because going behind 8 times already this season to the first goal is not anything worth bragging about - We are in dire need of the defensive form of last season to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Any live streaming links?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

TEAM NEWS - Four changes from defeat at Bolton. van der Vaart makes return from injury, Bentley makes first league start of the season, Huddlestone and Pavlyuchenko also return to starting lineup. Palacios, Sandro, Kranjcar and Crouch make way. TEAM: Gomes; Hutton, Gallas, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Bentley, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale; van der Vaart; Pavlyuchenko. SUBS: Cudicini, Bassong, Corluka, Jenas, Kranjcar, Palacios, Crouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

how bad is keanes injury any one know??

keane=cock wrote: »
    TEAM NEWS - Four changes from defeat at Bolton. van der Vaart makes return from injury, Bentley makes first league start of the season, Huddlestone and Pavlyuchenko also return to starting lineup. Palacios, Sandro, Kranjcar and Crouch make way. TEAM: Gomes; Hutton, Gallas, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Bentley, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale; van der Vaart; Pavlyuchenko. SUBS: Cudicini, Bassong, Corluka, Jenas, Kranjcar, Palacios, Crouch.

glad to see pav getting a start and bale not being rested , would have had bassong in for gallas

keane=cock wrote: »
    how bad is keanes injury any one know??

Does he even have one ?
    Decent side out.
    Not convinced with Gallas and Bentley starting.

• Advertisement

Any live streaming links?

http://www.hd52.blogspot.com/

Advertisement