Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunderland Home - Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Horrible result if they can't win here. Liverpool will start pulling ahead of us. :confused: Gallas is shyte and Bassong is a much better option. What did he do to deserve being 5th choice central defender?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

will someone get bentley off the field please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Gallas is shyte and Bassong is a much better option. What did he do to deserve being 5th choice central defender?

He is probably friends with Robbie and Harry isn't too impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

here we go again - good man gomes!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Just f**king brilliant defending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭larry1

Gomez :o

Why is Bale so quick to cross the ball, he should take them out abit and/or drive into the box with the ball at his feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

does anyone remember bassong against young boys? He was turned inside out.

Why is Bale so quick to cross the ball, he should take them out abit and/or drive into the box with the ball at his feet.

cos the right back is standing his ground and bale cant get past him

F**k me, Steve Bruce has been at the pies, what!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Terrible result.
    I mentioned 2 players I was concerned about starting, and both were not good enough. We are defending terribly at the moment and Harry continues to leave out Bassong, a bigger more phyical player who would have been suited to dealing with Gyan and Kevin Davies, joke.
    Back in the pack now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

For god sake. This is just ridiculous! I'm really dissapointed in Harry tonight, why the hell Bassong didn't start is a joke, and also the fact that he has done nothing in the 2nd half to try and go for it... Bentley should have been subbed off for Kranjcar with 25 minutes to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭larry1

Terrible Terrible, will do well to finish top 10 at this rate. :(

Full time.

We'll be in the bottom half of the table if results go the wrong way tomorrow night

mushykeogh wrote: »

That was one fcuking game, should that rule you out of contention forever ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

That was one game and on a plastic pitch where a few of the players were caught cold. Bassong was very decent last season.

Absolutely crap result. 1-1 FT.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

if niko kept his mouth shut during the week he prob would have started but he is always talking to the press about moving on etc.

bentley is a flop, has been a flop and always will be at spurs. gallas is poor too, the man cant play 90 mins at all. at the end he was gasping for air while a young 22? yr old bassong gets left on the bench

something has to change here lads and fast. daws wont be back for another few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

Load of absolute $hite. Fed up with this team as always. Wow, big win against Inter, followed by awful result after awful result. Woeful.

That is one game you can come up with, yet now this has made it the last 3 games where Gallas has been sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

simply put:::

NOT GOOD ENOUGH TONIGHT OR SAT.

something has to be sorted and fast. stated above. back in the pack now.

very disappointed tonight. 17 corners or something??? if crouch cant do anything from set pieces is he any use on th epitch? im aware he set up the goal but being 6 foot 7 he shouldnt loose a header! maybe im being harsh on him. i used to not like him at all but he grew a little on me. he is falling back in my bad books!

• Advertisement

Bassong probably deserves a chance - he can't do any worse then Gallas but hw won't change the fact that we need 2 new CB's, and a quality CF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

bottom half tomorrow night:eek:

arsenal & pool 2 of next 3 games to come ,chri$t we've never needed defoe back so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

mickman wrote: »
    if niko kept his mouth shut during the week he prob would have started but he is always talking to the press about moving on etc.

bentley is a flop, has been a flop and always will be at spurs. gallas is poor too, the man cant play 90 mins at all. at the end he was gasping for air while a young 22? yr old bassong gets left on the bench

something has to change here lads and fast. daws wont be back for another few weeks.

Totally agreed about Bentley, might win some favour with the fans if he concentrated on his passing and not trying to score from 40 yards every time the ball comes to him with space. Gallas is like George Foreman at this stage, only fear Bassong's lack of match practice. Ekotto is ****e, plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

2 points threw away ffs, defoe and daws cant come back soon enough. The bin dippers will be rubbing their slimy paws together after watching that, a win puts them above us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

just an example, havent been impressed with bassong this season at all. Why people seem to think he is now our saviour i dont know.

Gomes - Eratic again in the last 10 mins, lucky to stay on pitch.
    BAE - loose cannon as usual
    Gallas - totally off the pace.
    Bentley - McFlop with Cheese
    Crouch - not good enough

Did Pav get injured or what. Just watching the game on skysports2 and he's linking up well with VDV and Modric

Totally agreed about Bentley, might win some favour with the fans if he concentrated on his passing and not trying to score from 40 yards every time the ball comes to him with space. Gallas is like George Foreman at this stage, only fear Bassong's lack of match practice. Ekotto is ****e, plain and simple.

I thought BAE was great tonight tbh...

Gomes - Eratic again in the last 10 mins, lucky to stay on pitch.
    BAE - loose cannon as usual
    Gallas - totally off the pace.
    Bentley - McFlop with Cheese
    Crouch - not good enough

Did Pav get injured or what. Just watching the game on skysports2 and he's linking up well with VDV and Modric

Gomes is playing in front of a very shaky central defence at the minute remember.
    BAE is ok, as far as left fulls go, he's quite good i think.
    Galls..I wont go there.
    Bentley.. see above.
    Crouch, very good at what he does, but not always enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

BAE getting stick, theres a surprise...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

A few clean sheets would do Gomes the world of good, But no matter what, there's always that risk he'll loose concentration and do something daft. I'm not saying by any means that he should be dropped or sold but he's a bit like David James - when he's good- he awesome, but when he's poor he's a liabilty

Advertisement