Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Hotel New Ross in flames!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 biddy56

ye i went down to see it last night it is so sad to see it as a pile rubble there was some fancy parts in there they should have let someone go in and get what was keep sakes for somewhere. ye it had being changed to life guys they did this just before i left working there when they also done up the disco and moved the dj to the end of the dance floor at the time the dj was sammy he was also a brill dj. do ye guys rem the dancers stage infront of the old dj box when it was infront of the fellas toilets. its the end of an era now guys :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

I drove through New Ross last night - along south quay, up Quay street over North street and out John street. You would find a better road surface on streets in Iraq than the Quay and half the buildings are derelict. I pulled in to the car park on the quay to go to the ATM - I was in complete darkness! There was no street lights on the Quay, North street or John street so the pile of rubble just made the whole place look even more run down. How the fúck the people running the town expect anyone to stop there is beyond me. If I was a tourist I'd keep driving !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Squiggle wrote: »
    How the fúck the people running the town expect anyone to stop there is beyond me. If I was a tourist I'd keep driving !

And keep driving they do ...... Unfortunately !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Did the post office pillar box outside the hotel survive the demolition?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭germanator

yeah i as just over there tonight, the post box is covered up with plywood

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Thanks germanator - that's good news as it's quite a rare example of a 'Penfold' box dating from the 1860s and even features on An Post's website. This is the very one here - shortly after it was given a facelift: http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/History+and+Heritage/History/The+Postal+Service+in+Ireland/The+post+box/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 biddy56

ye i am a newbie to all this no need to worry im not a spammer or hacker i can promise you that :D

someone smart on here decided to tell the gardai about what i said, and they called to me, but i said nothing as im not gettin involved and have the same thing happen my house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

As a matter of interest how did they contact you?

Were you PM'ed or did they request boards to provide your identity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

germanator wrote: »
    someone smart on here decided to tell the gardai about what i said, and they called to me, but i said nothing as im not gettin involved and have the same thing happen my house

In fairness, you put the info into the public domain, what is there to complain about?

i dont know how they knew who i was but they called to my house and asked me to the garda station to make a statment to which i declined, they told me that a person on the site here had reported my posts to them.... and i wouldnt mind but if that hadnt of happened i was actually going to make an annonymous phone call to the gardai to tell who did it but i wasnt getting involved after they knew who i was, i just couldnt have my name brought into it and have my house get burnt or somthing

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

germanator wrote: »
    i dont know how they knew who i was but they called to my house and asked me to the garda station to make a statment to which i declined, they told me that a person on the site here had reported my posts to them.... and i wouldnt mind but if that hadnt of happened i was actually going to make an annonymous phone call to the gardai to tell who did it but i wasnt getting involved after they knew who i was, i just couldnt have my name brought into it and have my house get burnt or somthing

You identified yourself in a post on a different thread as being a passenger in car involved in an accident some time ago. I'm sure they put two and two together and got you.

true man, i never even thought of that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

It was'nt me anyway , germanator , cos I have no idea who you are .

You made the right decision to decline the statement .

Anonymous is the way to go , but sometimes I wonder if that is safe .

Anyway , back on topic , I have no doubt that this crime will always remain unsolved , just like all the other local incidents , where the authorities know the culprits , but no action is taken .

oh i wasnt blamin you at all allthedoyles! it could be anyone that did it, but all i know is i was actually going to giv an anonymous call giving the names but after what happened i decided no way was i getting involved now that the gardai know it was me.... all i can say is that whoever it was just ruined it themselves......... but yeah your right, most of the crimes around here the gardai know well who the culprits are but either dont bother taking action or else make deals with them for info on other things which i have heard of now a good few times around here!

Advertisement