Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC - Which should I get Fifa 2011 or PES 2011?

Options
  • 07-11-2010 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

I haven't played either game properly in years (or any games for that matter) but I'd like to get one of them to keep me amused during the winter months while I try and get my finances in order...

I used to religiously buy and play PES on the PS1/PS2 years ago, and before that again on the SNES...

I've played both demos but can't make up my mind! Obviosly Fifa is more realistic and slick, but then again it always has been. Has it now got the gameplay and depth to match PES or should I stick with what I (used to) know and love?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

They're different no question, but it has to be Fifa. I used to play both, but Fifa is so much better than Pro Evo, in terms of gameplay, realism, tricks and skills, commentators, and it's just an overall better and more polished game than I think Pro Evo can ever even get to.

You may not like it at first, but if you stick with it, you'll find that scoring goals and winning games are just much more gratifying than Pro Evo is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Thanks, I'm leaning towards Fifa more and more after a few more games with the demo.

I'm really interested in the online mode, is it any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PES simply for the Become a Legend mode, fairly additive and you get really really good at all the tricks and movements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 AFCNZ

Despite being a PES fan, I have to say you should get FIFA 11 as it is much more realistic. And being more realistic, it is simply more enjoyable.

Although Arsenal are like 4 and a half stars now.. although they improved last season which is ridiculous lowering their team rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It's a toughie. I was always a PES man, but got this years FIFA too! Still haven't played as much as it does require better specs.
    Don't forget PES for pc is fantastic for fan patches, downloads etc... See www.Evo-web.co.uk for lots of PES stuff.
    Go with the one u enjoy the gameplay the most. This ultimately means how long you'll keep playing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I never thought I'd say this, but after sometime playing, I think FIFA 2011 is a better game to play.
    Pes2011 just doesn't feel responsive although it looks great. I'm a FIFA convert for the moment, but still think pes06 is the best game of all

Advertisement