Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious crash on N17

Options
  • 07-11-2010 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Serious crash on N17 between bus and car/van. Near Caherhugh turn off!

Please be careful out there guys and gals!!!

Hope everyone is ok.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Two people died in that crash according to RTE.ie

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1107/rta.html

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

RIP!! so sad! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭kardarie

As far as i have heard it was the Van and Bus driver that were killed. And about 12 taken to hospital. RIP. Everyone be careful on the roads tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

2 more unnecessary deaths on our roads. RIP and thoughts to their families.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Was it a public passenger bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

Was it a public passenger bus?
    hope it wasnt a GObus, cos i know one of the drivers. two familys never the same again. RIP ,

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

galwayrush wrote: »
    2 more unnecessary deaths on our roads. RIP and thoughts to their families.

+1

Two families lives have changed forever.

I hope all the injured recover and the death count doesn't go up! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

It was the Corduff college bus, going to limerick. Would know a few who would be on that bus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

N17 closed, will probably be closed in the morning .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    N17 closed, will probably be closed in the morning .

true, won't be open until later in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Terrible accident. The Corduff bus had approx 27 passengers onboard, none of them injured seriously, driver is dead. Driver of van dead also. Travelled this road at 7pm and it was horrific to drive in this weather but plenty of drivers who didn't seem aware of it with their rush and speed and tailgating.

If you are travelling anywhere please be careful.
    RIP to the deceased

RIP to those deceased.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Terrible :(

My sincere condolences to their families and I hope the injured passengers of the bus make a speedy and complete recovery.

Remember to stay off the roads in bad weather if you can... looks like this winter is going to be a doozy again.

The rest of us can stay home (I decided against heading up to Sligo today actually... quite glad that I didn't go now) but the bus driver, and possibly the driver of the van, didn't really have much choice in the matter I wager.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

mink_man wrote: »
    It was the Corduff college bus, going to limerick. Would know a few who would be on that bus.

I was on the bus. 2 seats behind the driver. I have a massive bump on my head, black eye and golf balls on my knees! I'd take my injuries 20 times over to have our bus driver back. :(
    He was a wonderful man, so full of life and a great character.

No one was seriously injured and those of us checked in were discharged again.

RIP to both men.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Really sorry to hear of your ordeal being involved in the accident.:( RIP to your bus driver and the driver of the van.

2 questions - wee these seatbelts on the bus for passengers and was the weather bad at the time - ie the rain?

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Really sorry to hear of your ordeal being involved in the accident.:( RIP to your bus driver and the driver of the van.

2 questions - wee these seatbelts on the bus for passengers and was the weather bad at the time - ie the rain?

I dunno if I should be giving out too much info. until all of it is released to the families.

Can I get a mods say on it first?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'm not a mod here but I'd say your instincts are right.

You've probably suffered quite a shock... it might be good to talk to people but maybe a face to face conversation would be better.

Xiney wrote: »
    I'm not a mod here but I'd say your instincts are right.

You've probably suffered quite a shock... it might be good to talk to people but maybe a face to face conversation would be better.

I was lucky in the sense that I was just outside my home town so my parents were on the scene in no time to comfort me. A lot of the other students were from Mayo and North of Mayo so some felt the need to continue on to Limerick when they were checked out. I dunno how they managed it. I'm at home now and have had a good chat with my Mam but I don't want to go to sleep now...

Could be a long night...

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Sorry to hear of your ordeal Mars Bar.
    The rain was bad at the time of accident nearby (i was in vicinity) and visibility was poor. You are right to wait before deciding whether to impart info or not - you are likely to be in shock now. Hope all passengers are feeling ok after the ordeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Mind yourself and go easy Mars Bar. Glad you are safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Glad to hear that you are okay mars bars, must have been a horrible ordeal.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Glad you're OK mars bar, take care of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

RIP to the two men who have died and best wishes and get well soon to those who were hurt and to all the passengers on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

mars bar wrote: »
    I dunno if I should be giving out too much info. until all of it is released to the families.

Can I get a mods say on it first?
    At the moment, please only disclose what can be found in the papers/online papers.

Glad you're ok, I'm so sorry for the loss of life at this collision, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Must have been scary mars bar. Glad you're (mostly :)) ok.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

So sad to hear of yet another loss of life on our roads. Condolances to those families involved.

Glad to hear that you're physically OK, Mars Bar, and that the loss of life wasn't greater.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

God that must have been terrifying. Rip to the driver. From what you have said I gather that he will be greatly missed.

Asmodean wrote: »
    God that must have been terrifying. Rip to the driver. From what you have said I gather that he will be greatly missed.

He'll be missed hugely. He always did his job with a smile on his face. He made sure that I was sorted for my bus on Friday as I hadn't taken that particular bus before. He asked when I got on on Sunday did I get the bus okay and he seemed happy that I was happy.
    He always let me off near my house and sometimes at my driveway even, he was just that kind of guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Terrible accident, RIP and condolances to both families.

Glad you are ok(ish) mars bar.

Advertisement