Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious crash on N17

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

i know the sister of the van driver, she does speach and drama at our school, we all got a txt this moring telling us that there be no speach and drama today cos of the ladys brother, im gutted for them all but even more when i know her well, i dont know her family just herself at school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

It's good to hear that you're relatively OK Mars Bar.
    What a truly dreadful experience for all concerned, especially for the families and friends of those poor men who died.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

One of my friends was on the following bus and told me about it :(

Glad to hear your ok mars bar and fair play for coming on here and tellin us after your ordeal.

Was driving down at around the same time on the headford road..Driving conditions whre terrible at that time.

RIP and condolances to both families.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

My sister was on the bus too, pretty pissed off that no one let me know and I had to find out about it on boards of all places. But she's fine and that's the main thing, she was brought into hospital as a precaution.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just after finding out that the van driver was a nephew of a close family friend.

From bad to worse. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

mars bar wrote: »
    Just after finding out that the van driver was a nephew of a close family friend.

From bad to worse. :(

Sorry to hear that MarsBar.
    Glad that you are ok and that the loss of life was minimal - could have been so much worse. Scant consolation to the loved ones of the deceased of course.

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

...can't even make the van out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I think we should refrain from speculating about what may have or did happen. Im sure it will be made public after the investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I know the van drivers dad, he is an absolute gentleman a very placid man whom I often enjoy a chat with.

heartbreaking to think what the families of these men are going through:(

Advertisement