Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

microsoft office 2010 spell checker not working

• 07-11-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

I have investigated other forums but I can't seem to get the answer I need.

I upgraded to Office 2010 recently and I can't get spell checker to work. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you solve it ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

what happens when you press F7??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

You can disable the checker within a style, check your settings there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

davy78x wrote: »
    what happens when you press F7??

I opened a Word document, typed in a single incorrect word, selected it, and pressed F7.

I just got the check is complete message, incorrect word stayed incorrect as it didn't seem to detect it.

JustinOval wrote: »
    You can disable the checker within a style, check your settings there.

I don't follow you, where within a style are there settings for spelling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

File => Options => Proofing

In the third group down,

I have the first four boxes checked and the writing style set to Grammar only.

Do you?

• Advertisement

davy78x wrote: »
    File => Options => Proofing

In the third group down,

I have the first four boxes checked and the writing style set to Grammar only.

Do you?

I have same four boxes checked but the writing style box is greyed out.

Advertisement