Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/cheapest home heating oil supplier?

Options
  • 07-11-2010 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

As the title says who would be the cheapest in the carlow area? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

To find the cheapest - it is a case of ringing them all and asking for prices.

I always use O'Reilly's, no idea if they are cheapest or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

based on current refinery prices + carbon tax + about 10 distributor margin / litre + 13.5% vat, you should get 1000 litres for about €660, but this is set to rise quite soon to about €690 as oil prices have jumped.

Refinery cost per litre = 46c
    Carbon tax per litre = 3.8c
    Distribution costs = 10c (approx.)
    Vat = 8.1c
    Total = 67.9c / litre

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

For the last 2 years I have rang around and found Cill Dara Oil to be the cheapest and they do a run to carlow twice a week for deliveries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 fastbowler

tommycahir wrote: »
    For the last 2 years I have rang around and found Cill Dara Oil to be the cheapest and they do a run to carlow twice a week for deliveries.
    Thanks all. i had been with Killerig oil out of pure handiness but they seem a bit dearer than the rest..354euro for 500 litres

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭mirror mirror

got oil yesterday off o' reillys ,478 litre cost 350 euros vat inclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Betty-ireland

I used boilerjuice.ie and got 250 litres for €189, pretty happy with that! It's coming from Toughers oil. That's including delivery.

Advertisement