Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stonebridge.

Options
  • 07-11-2010 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone knows whats happening with the Stonebridge complex on the quay? I know the retail unit is to let, but has none of the residential units sold at all? Passed by it today and the thing was in darkness! I looked into buying one of them ages ago, but the prices were ridiculous and it wasnt even a river view one. Has the developer gone bust?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

No one wants to buy/rent a residential unit and be the only person living there there was a few names (5 or 6) on a list to move in but they pull out due to such poor interest. Its a big white elephant and its going to be that way for the forseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

If they halved the asking prices they might get some interest. I dont think Wexford ever had a big enough market for 'Luxury' Apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

i reccon that place will be bulldozed in a few years and redeveloped into somthing else.... as crazy as that sounds...the apartments in there are small and narrow...trying to squeeze as many apartments into as small a space as possible. people these days will want double the size for half the cash...

those apartments are new yes...but they are standing there now for what ?? 3 years ? and will be standing there for another 3 at least .... without heat and someone living in there the apartments will naturally deteriorate ... nobody wants to buy into this....

agreed ... if they halved the price people would take interest... i might even myself if prices were around the 100k mark ....

Advertisement