Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iv been scammed can i get my money back thru the bank i paid into??

Options
  • 07-11-2010 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

hi iv been scammed of adverts.ie and have been thru the talking with adverts support and the guards but the guards as usual havent been updating me on the case

i paid directly into a bank account ulster bank and boi

but im not a member of either so i paid cash into the bank direct to the persons account its alot of money and could do with it before xmas but the guards said it will take a few months !!!!

plz can anyone help ?

can i get the cash back ??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Do you have the name of the person you paid the money into? I hate scammers. I hope you get your money back ASAP and that they spend christmas in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

i know i sound stupid prob cant get it back untill the guards bring the person to court but then im not guarnteed it back maybe in weekly payments if the person is on the dole and cant pay it

but id prefer to see if any one has advice im at a loss of over 1k and it was savings i spent as a investment now im more or less fu**ed for xmas :(

adverts.ie support have been great help aswell . and im sure they have co operated with the guards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Have you contacted the banks in question?

yeh have there name.s
    it appears to be the same person multiple accounts on this

similiar names
    have the bank details account what county etc happened over a month ago
    but the guards ont seem to be doing much said they hav cctv footage of the person and that was 2 weeks ago and i havnt heard anything since as they said im in waterford but now the case is gone to dublin where it happened ?

i havent contacted the boi but rang ulster banks support scam line and gave details but they wernt much help like if i went to the banks i have the lodgment slips well actually the guards do but if like i went to the bank with them and the guards were involved surely if the money is the persons account i could get it back or am i dreaming?? i havnt gone to the branches i sent it from tho but how could they help ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

how were u scammed and by who,
    ?
    what were u buying,

a user on adverts.ie posing as 2 seperate accounts but turned out to be the same person i was buying items cant really say and i cant state there user names really if it affects my case in any way just seen if any one know.s ways i can get my cash back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

jamiecoins wrote: »
    i havent contacted the boi but rang ulster banks support scam line and gave details but they wernt much help like if i went to the banks i have the lodgment slips well actually the guards do but if like i went to the bank with them and the guards were involved surely if the money is the persons account i could get it back or am i dreaming?? i havnt gone to the branches i sent it from tho but how could they help ?

No, once the money is lodged to somebodies account the branch have no authority to take it back again without the account owners permission, regardless if you have the lodgement slips or not, even if you brought the guards with you.
    the bank will put a block on the account until it can be proven that the money was taken farudlently. Proving it is what will take time, its the legal outcome that will decide if you are allowed the funds back from the person's a/c. But as a block will be placed on the a/c, this means the a/c owner will , also be unable to remove funds from it. So hopefully most of your money will still be intact albeit frozen for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I doubt it.

If you have been scammed, chances are the scammer has taken the funds asap. The banks are not responsible for giving you your funds i'm afraid. As for pausing the accounts, not going to happen without Garda intervention.

Best of luck.

Advertisement